A Curious Turn Of Events.

Shooting_Star

So.. my post starts out like a few of the others I just read before posting.. I met this guy thru a mutual friend. We've hung out a few times in a group setting together a few times (3-4x).

Anyway.. last night we were hanging out, my friends Lacee, Kev, Bruce, Brian (the guy) and myself. We were helping Kev move to his new apartment with Bruce. Lacee and Kev ran out to the store while Brian and I stayed at his old apartment cleaning up some stuff and packing. Brian began flirting with me and giving me compliments, which has happened before and I don't mind. When Lacee and Kev returned to the apartment, I teasingly told Lacee that Brian was getting fresh with me while they were out. We laughed about it, then Kev took Brian aside and told him something along the lines of "This is my baby sister, you treat her right cause you make her *sparkle*." I got a little embarrassed because I'm sort of shy and told Kev to cut it out.

Later on Lacee and I were in the bathroom talking and she had told me how she thanked Brian for being respectful towards me and how she *thinks* when he compliments me that it makes me *sparkle*, and he told her that he's kind of liking me and how he thinks I'm a really sweet person and he likes my personality and style. And she told him she thinks I'm feeling him too. She proceeded to tell me that she thought I should give him a peck on the cheek when we dropped him off at his house.

Then as we were taking Kev to his new apartment, Brian and I were squished in the backseat of the van because it was packed full. Afterwards, at Kev's new apartment he picked me a flower. Then we took Kev and Bruce back to the store because they forgot to pick something up. So we were all squished in the backseat and I had to sit on Brian's lap. Once we got to the store, we rearranged some of the stuff in the van so we could all sit a little more comfortably. On the way back to the new apartment, I was kind of nestled into Brian's side and he had his arm around me.

Anyway, fast forward.. when we took Brian home, he ran inside to get Lacee and I a drink and when he came back out he hugged me and we both went to kiss each other on the cheek. He then told me to call him when I got home so he knew I made it home ok. While I was taking Lacee home we talked about Brian a lil bit and she told me how sweet he is and what a nice guy he is etc. Fast forward again, when I got home, I called him and we talked a lil then he asked me to call him in the morning when I got up. Well, I tried to call him when I got up, but my phone was acting a little funky due to low battery. Then about an hour later, I tried to call him again but he didn't answer.

So, what's up with that? Why would he send me all these signals, ask me to call him in the morning then not answer? I haven't tried to call him again cause I don't wanna look desperate, or clingy or what have you. But it kind of irritates me that he didn't answer. I realize that he may be busy or something, but it kind of reflects badly on him. He could have at least answered or texted me that he was busy and would call me back or whatnot. Any feedback on the situation or how to be more patient (lol) would be apperiated. Also, sorry for the uber long post, I was trying to put as much info as possible without rambling.

Wowifoundausername

Just back off a little and see what happens. There could be lots of reasons he didn't pick up.

But chasing him will push him away. Guys like the challenge. So let him come after you if he is interested. Good luck!

• Author
Shooting_Star

Thanks Wow. I called again this morning and he didn't answer. I made 2 attempts that show I'm interested, so the rest is up to him.

Although he was suppose to help me decorate for my daughter's birthday party tomorrow (he volunteered). It is what it is though.

Wowifoundausername

I know! Would be a lot easier if people could communicate. A simple, no thanks would do.

This idea some have of feeding false hope, is selfish and wrong.

Either your in or your out. Right?

• Author
Shooting_Star

Exactly.

I didn't start pursuing him, he started pursuing me and giving me signals and asked me to call.. I was just fine with being friends and having a "quiet crush" on him. I think maybe he felt a little pressured or something by our friends. But that's all he really had to say.

Also I spoke to Lacee today and she said she called him yesterday as well and he told her he had been at work and would call me. Well, he never did. But it is what it is. Some people are just harder to understand than I would like them to be. =/

• Author
Shooting_Star

Sorry for the double post..

Just wanted to say that Brian called me yesterday morning. Since it was raining and we couldn't have my daughter's party, he hung out with us. He and my daughter had a blast, she's usually really shy around new people. Then last night he invited us to spend a weekend with him and his family at the Potamic River when he returns from FL. So I guess we'll see how things go.