How to get over a crush and just be friend???

citygal2527

First time experience the "friend zone" or at least I think he's putting me there :p

I met him in November in a professional setting and didn't think anything of it - I had a bf at the time as well. I was at my friend's place when I met him again in March (broke up with my bf in Jan and haven't been dating anyone since). I thought he's interested since he's the one that suggest we hang out / that I come over more often (turns out he's my friend's roommate!). I kinda develop a crush on him from that point on.

I asked him random questions about his work and invite him to group dinner - I like to cook and invite my friends to hang out and chill. From that point on, I feel like he's not interested so I stop initiate things. 3 days later - he starts texting me and ask what I'm up to ... we went out to dinner but totally as a friend. We hang out a bunch more time both in groups and one-on-one. He never pays for diner / movie / anything!!!

To me, it's pretty clear that he's not interested and may be I have misread his friendliness in the beginning. I still enjoy hanging out with him since he's an awesome friend.

How do I get over this crush and get back to being just friend wit him? Anybody has a good suggestion? Between this and trying to heal from the break up - I feel like I'm going a little nuts here lol ... please help!

vanhalenfan

I'm in a similar position as you. I hate being Friend-Zoned :confused: I am still in the process of trying to get over it and haven't been very successful yet so I'm probably the wrong person to be giving advice on the subject, but...

One thing that I think would help (but absolutely sucks to try/do) is to go no-contact. In my position, I can't. I have to face this man on a weekly basis which is making things 100x worse. I think this is my problem...The contact. I think going no-contact would really help - for you, too - but I know you said he is a great friend so I think you wouldn't want to go in that direction!

Another option for you is to come clean with your feelings - You aren't 100% sure he isn't into you, right? Maybe just putting your feelings out there in the open could work in your favor :D Of course, if they aren't reciprocated, that may also ruin the friendship. MAY ruin it, maybe not. It all boils down to if you are willing to take the chance ;)