We both like each other, but I want to remain just friends for now

I have liked this girl for about roughly 2 months now and a lot of people are noticing that I do like her. A lot of people are pushing us to be together, but I just really want us to remain as best friends.

Recently, I noticed that she is showing signs that she is also interested in me. She wiped sweat off my face and wanted a hug from me in an indirect manner. I really wanted to hug her so badly, but something just tells me it's just better to stay as friends. So I said it was kind of awkward to hug in public.. haha.

Don't get me wrong. I would really like to ask her out someday, but I feel that I am not a good enough person yet. Once I am confident of my capabilities as a person, I would ask her out.

What I want to know is how I can maintain our friendship as best friends during this time, and how I can avoid getting too deep in the friend zone.

I dunno what to tell other than if you truly like her and truly want to be with her well...you know you can grow as a person within a relationship too, right?

If you hold her off you run the risk that someone else will come along and take her off your hands. I mean, do what you think is best for you but I firmly believe that its better to regret something you have done than to regret something you haven't done...

My two cents anyway...

• Like 1