FWB Situation

I am not too sure if I am reading too much into this so thought it may be a good idea to get some second opinions.

I met a girl on a night out and we exchanged numbers. We met up and went on a date. Went perfectly and ended up spending the night together.

I have been on subsequent dates with her and there is a huge amount of chemistry going on. She comes from a really strict muslim family so for now would like for us to remain FWBs and maybe develop into something more later on depending on how things go.

We both work in New York and have very demanding jobs in finance which mean that meeting up in the week is really difficult. This has resulted in most of our dates being on weekends. Things are going really slowly, a date a week, if that sometimes. There is also very little contact in between dates. We have been dating for around three months now.

It has been nearly a month since I last saw her, due to us have various commitments which have prevented us meeting. Long term, is meeting so infrequently a recipe for disaster?

Also, the lack of communication, is that normal in a FWB type relationship or is a sign of trying to cool things down? We text and spoke on the phone regularly but after the second date it dropped off. My concern is with Christmas fast approaching there will be fewer and fewer opportunities to meet up meaning it my be nearly two months before seeing her again.

We both live very hectic lives which may explain it. When we meet things between us are perfect even if we have not seen each other for a while. As I said before, maybe I am reading into this too much.

Edited by NYC_LS

Reading too much into what?

Friends with benefits are/is two "friends" who have a sexual realtionship without being emotionally involved.

When you're involved in a casual relationship, both people are free to come/go as they please. There aren't any expectations, or at least there shouldn't be. If there are (expectations), I think that is where the lines get crossed for a lot of people.

• Author

Thanks for the reply. I think the time apart has been useful to reflect on what I am actually looking for.

Edited by NYC_LS
magnoliasoutherly
My concern is with Christmas fast approaching there will be fewer and fewer opportunities to meet up meaning it my be nearly two months before seeing her again.
It sounds like you're moving towards more of a relationship than FWB.

What do you want and how do you feel?