What would you take this to mean?

I'm currently studying overseas and will be home in just over a month.

There is this guy I have feelings for, but I was always fairly unsure as to how he felt about me. Before I left, I had a small farewell party, and there he said to me: "You mean more to me than you can imagine."

At the time it stunned me, and it still kind of stuns me. What do you think this kind of thing could mean? Could he like me? Do friends say that sort of thing to one another?

It was meant to mean nothing other than to have the impact that it obviously has had on you. It's like putting a colourful place holder into the pages of a book without necessarily intending to go back to read the rest of it.

You could obviously ask for a practical translation or you could just let it pass as a discrete, finished event.

Personally, I think I would drop it and let him follow up, not that i believe that it should always be the man's responsibility to initiate. The simple thing is that you have to decide what YOU want to do, forget it, knowing then that it might go no further or follow up? Stick or twist?