What do you do when you are still in love with an ex?

I have been in love with a man for 2 years. When I was getting out of my 3 month

marriage, I met a young man who swept me off my feet and who I thought and

still think is my soul mate. I know a lot of people don't believe in that anymore, but I haven't met anyone else like him. I ended up feeling guilty about leaving the

marriage and told him that I had to go back and try it 1 more time. He said if I did

he would move out of the state and he did. I realized after a week that it wasn't

right but by the time I got in contact with him it was too late, he already had a

girlfriend and still cared about me, but moved on.

I still love him and really want to fight for what I want but I don't know else to be satisfied if I don't have this pperson in my life. I tried to have another relationship after him but I cant stop thinking about the one I let get away. Before I left the country I drove out of state to his mothers and left my contact information, we havent talked in about 7 or 8 months, and he called me later on that week. We had a great talk but he did refer to his girlfriend once in the conversation. What do you do when you love someone so much and after 2 years you still feel the same away? Do you fight? Or do you find ways to move on.

When you last spoke to him, did you ask if he wanted to give it another try?

move on. well... if the feelin u have is mutual, then fight. But if thats not the case then move on. Yes, ur love is probably true and real, but u dont have a choice if the feeling isnt mutual.

• Author

To MOIMEME:

I told him once in the past about 8 months ago that I wanted to give it another try and he said he was too hurt, at the time. I didn't ask this last time, i just thought I would first show him that I was still a good and loving person and would love to gaim our friendship back and hopefully convince him to give it another try once he started to trust me.

• Author

To: Nameless:

Well I'm not sure if the feeling is mutal yet, but I know he still cares about me or he wouldn't have contacted me, I see that as a door being cracked with the possiblity of letting me in. Who knows. :o

You could be right. Once in every long while, people break up for stupid reasons and then realize they did something foolish. It might be worth a try, but don't devote too much time to this venture. It is rare that people get back together and even when they do, it can crash again. Just ask Elizabeth Taylor.

I agree with Moimeme...........until he knows how YOU feel...how would you know how HE feels. I would only tell him once though.......and then I would let him choose if he wants to try again.

I think you lay it on the line with him. This is how I feel, this is what I'm hoping for, what do you think? Don't be wondering about What If 20 years from now (like I am!) You have nothing to lose. Say it. All he can say is No and then you are no worse off then you are now, and you can get on with your life. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

It is just our human nature!!!!!!!!. We only start to realize the good things we have when we loose them. You lost that guy so leave him alone and go on with your own life. He is simply not available for you any more. Let him focus on his new life and make the best out of it. You cannot hold him captive to a relationship that didn't work for him.

• 1 year later...
Originally posted by 1FITBUNNY

I have been in love with a man for 2 years. When I was getting out of my 3 month

marriage, I met a young man who swept me off my feet and who I thought and

still think is my soul mate. I know a lot of people don't believe in that anymore, but I haven't met anyone else like him. I ended up feeling guilty about leaving the

marriage and told him that I had to go back and try it 1 more time. He said if I did

he would move out of the state and he did. I realized after a week that it wasn't

right but by the time I got in contact with him it was too late, he already had a

girlfriend and still cared about me, but moved on.

I still love him and really want to fight for what I want but I don't know else to be satisfied if I don't have this pperson in my life. I tried to have another relationship after him but I cant stop thinking about the one I let get away. Before I left the country I drove out of state to his mothers and left my contact information, we havent talked in about 7 or 8 months, and he called me later on that week. We had a great talk but he did refer to his girlfriend once in the conversation. What do you do when you love someone so much and after 2 years you still feel the same away? Do you fight? Or do you find ways to move on.

:(

cleoelliptical

First, you need to share with him that you need him and why. But in order for him to trust you again, you must first become him friend...SUPPORTIVE in every way and genuinely interested in his present life, not the past. Be in his life again...as friends.

Things turn out for the best. But most things take time.