Something brewing here or just simply friendly

hopelesslyunsure

hopelesslyunsure

I have known this guy for a long while, we used to work together or a while. I left the job and went to work somewhere else, and he moved on as well.

Over the years we kept in touch, meet up for coffee or lunch. In the last couple of meetings, instead of kissing me on the cheek when greeting each other, he kissed me on my neck instead. It was definitely quite a change and a shock. The first time he did it was quick and gentle and fast and I thought nothing of it. He did it again the next time we met , a longer kiss on neck, and I admit I reacted and leaned into him. After a while, we just stood there and looked at each other, and I walked away. Since then, we never talked about the incidents and pretended it never happened ! Yeah I know - unbelievable.

He would always say "you look very fit and trim ", or "you look really exceptionally well", or "you are a porsche kind of woman"etc, etc.

I went for a holiday and caught up with him again when I got back. So I told him about some of the European men (especially some of the Italian men) looked really good with their smooth suntan and handmade suits.

He responded "I guess my Italian suit, Italian car just isnt going to close the gap between me and the Italian men you observed"... Is he jealous or is he just flirting ?

He would look at me when he thinks I am not looking, and look away when I looked at him.

We communicated mainly thru emails. We flirt sometimes thru the emails.

Lately I find myself shying away from him whenever we met up - I never used to shy away from a kiss on the cheek when greeting a friend. Now when I meet him, I hesistate going up to him to greet him. I noticed he is the same, even though I can tell from his look and eyes that he really wanted to. So we both just stand there and make small talk to get over the awkwardness.

So I am not sure, if there is some thing brewing here or am I just overanalysing the whole thing ?

You didn't say whether you are actually attracted to him. Are you?

If so, try just not shying away and see what happens.

It sounds to me that he is interested but thinks YOU aren't interested since you are shying away.

You don't have to be very bold. Just smile, stand a little closer, and act open toward him.

• Author
hopelesslyunsure
You didn't say whether you are actually attracted to him. Are you?

If so, try just not shying away and see what happens.

It sounds to me that he is interested but thinks YOU aren't interested since you are shying away.

You don't have to be very bold. Just smile, stand a little closer, and act open toward him.

Truth is I am attracted to him.

todreaminblue
I have known this guy for a long while, we used to work together or a while. I left the job and went to work somewhere else, and he moved on as well.

Over the years we kept in touch, meet up for coffee or lunch. In the last couple of meetings, instead of kissing me on the cheek when greeting each other, he kissed me on my neck instead. It was definitely quite a change and a shock. The first time he did it was quick and gentle and fast and I thought nothing of it. He did it again the next time we met , a longer kiss on neck, and I admit I reacted and leaned into him. After a while, we just stood there and looked at each other, and I walked away. Since then, we never talked about the incidents and pretended it never happened ! Yeah I know - unbelievable.

He would always say "you look very fit and trim ", or "you look really exceptionally well", or "you are a porsche kind of woman"etc, etc.

I went for a holiday and caught up with him again when I got back. So I told him about some of the European men (especially some of the Italian men) looked really good with their smooth suntan and handmade suits.

He responded "I guess my Italian suit, Italian car just isnt going to close the gap between me and the Italian men you observed"... Is he jealous or is he just flirting ?

He would look at me when he thinks I am not looking, and look away when I looked at him.

We communicated mainly thru emails. We flirt sometimes thru the emails.

Lately I find myself shying away from him whenever we met up - I never used to shy away from a kiss on the cheek when greeting a friend. Now when I meet him, I hesistate going up to him to greet him. I noticed he is the same, even though I can tell from his look and eyes that he really wanted to. So we both just stand there and make small talk to get over the awkwardness.

So I am not sure, if there is some thing brewing here or am I just overanalysing the whole thing ?

the second post i have read where a poster has posted about getting kissed on the neck....oh no the era of twilight saga in reality...im kidding....a neck kiss to me is very personal....and intimate....if i wanted to kiss someone intimately i would kiss that jugular......lol....eeek gives me the shivers actually..i have a vivid imagination makes me think of someone i want to kiss....so thinking of puppies, labrador puppies (golden balls of fluff) hang on....ahhh thats better..:cool: all cool now......the neck is an erogenous zone.....so it is brewing for you and percolating i feel....take the jug of the hop because if you over analyse it will boil over.....waste of good percolation.....smilin....best wishes....deb

• Author
hopelesslyunsure
Do not jump into conclusion if you are not still sure about what you really feel towards him.

Well, I am hardly jumping into conclusion when I have said "So I am not sure, if there is some thing brewing here or am I just overanalysing the whole thing ? "..