touch and go periods

guybrush5000

This girl Ive been seeing for over 2 months, who I really like, is driving me crazy. Most of the time she's being super fun and affectionate, but there are periods she completely shuts off.

We met at work and hit it off right away, the sex was amazing and we pretty much started seeing each other every other day and texting every day. A couple of weeks into it, she still hasn't completely opened up to me, but since I saw the potential in her I let her dictate the pace. After about a month (and correlating with her period) she stopped texting me for a few days, and I felt she's keeping her distance. I thought maybe she wanted out, but danced to her tune and played it cool. After a week we were back on track and stronger than ever. Amazing amazing sex, and this time also the first sleepover and she really started opening up.

3 more weeks passed in which we grew closer and closer. At some point last week we had the 'we're not seeing other people' conversation. Then, once again, coinciding with her period, this week communication almost came to a complete halt, we haven't had sex in 2 weeks, and the last sleepover (after I haven't seen her for almost a week) was meh. We watched TV, she fell asleep within 30 min and we went to bed.

Note this is a very busy, career oriented girl, who works herself to the bone.

I'm trying to feel her out, and give her space if she needs it, but these 'bad weeks' every now and then are agonizing. Should I talk to her about it? maybe wait a few more months to see where this is going (if it's going at all) before bringing it up or just ask her what's going on?

Generally, I have to say I feel a little offended and unappreciated, but I don't want to be whiny.

Express your needs and feelings to her. See what she says. See if she changes. Take it from there. Move on if she continues this pattern.

Edited by gamman
Misread OP
  • Like 1

Agreed. It's okay for a girl to feel like crap on her period, mine is horribly painful and the last thing I want is to be touched...but, the absolute silence is insulting at best.

Talk to her about it because you can't pretend it away right?

skydiveaddict
Most of the time she's being super fun and affectionate, but there are periods she completely shuts off.

I think there is one important word in your above quote that may hold the answer for you.