Why does he want to irratate me?

There's a man who I've known for a few months. We don't really speak much but when he gets the opportunity to he will try to come and talk to me. For a few weeks he would stare at me smile go out of his way to talk to me then all of a sudden he went cold. No eye contact, not even trying to talk to me for a couple of weeks. For the past few days he keeps going out if his way to said hi and my name and butt into conversations. The staring and teasing has started back again. Why is he trying to irratate me by saying my name and butting into my conversation. Please help!

MilitantPacifist
There's a man who I've known for a few months. We don't really speak much but when he gets the opportunity to he will try to come and talk to me. For a few weeks he would stare at me smile go out of his way to talk to me then all of a sudden he went cold. No eye contact, not even trying to talk to me for a couple of weeks. For the past few days he keeps going out if his way to said hi and my name and butt into conversations. The staring and teasing has started back again. Why is he trying to irratate me by saying my name and butting into my conversation. Please help!

It's obvious he's interested in dating you. From the sounds of it you're completely missing or ignoring his signals though.

The two weeks where he didn't even acknowledge you, chances are he was flirting with or dating someone else. Now he's flirting with you again.

If you're seriously not interested in anything you should make it clear if you find this behavior "annoying."

It's absolutely a normal and healthy way of testing the waters. Not everyone is brave enough to just walk right up and say "What are you doing later? We should date." and wait for you to brutally reject them in public.

So, be nice, but let the guy down if you don't want his attention.

I agree with MP, he's trying to get your attention. If you like him, flirt back. If not, make it clear that you are not interested. Sounds like it's probably more the latter, so "cut him loose" and then you don't have to be irritated any more.

• Author

Thank MilitantPacifist and January2011 for your answers. I do like him and I've made lots I've made lots of hints that I like him. Im pretty shy when comes to telling someone i like them.What I don't understand is that he is over 40 yrs old and he can't approach me. Why is behaving like this? Aren't older men more experienced? Ive noticed that he doesn't like it when another man talks to me. He walks away instead of joining in.

MilitantPacifist
Thank MilitantPacifist and January2011 for your answers. I do like him and I've made lots I've made lots of hints that I like him. Im pretty shy when comes to telling someone i like them.What I don't understand is that he is over 40 yrs old and he can't approach me. Why is behaving like this? Aren't older men more experienced? Ive noticed that he doesn't like it when another man talks to me. He walks away instead of joining in.

Well, most of what you're saying sounds like more your problem than his, frankly.

If you can't tell him you like him, why not say something like, "I'm going for a cup of coffee (or a drink depending on your preference), could you join me? I don't like to drink alone."