Can a kiss on the neck ever be friendly ?

hopelesslyunsure

hopelesslyunsure

So you have this guy friend you have known for a long time. One fine day you meet him for lunch as you do over the years. He approach you, you smile and greet him. He puts his arm around you gently and give you a quick kiss on the neck. You thought "oh, what was that for ?" You ignore it because you didnt think much of it. Had lunch, and time to say bye. You got your sunglasses on and he put his arms round you and kiss you on the neck again, lightly but for a while longer. This time you leaned into him because it feels nice. But nothing was said ever after the incident. Both of you continue to communicate as usual flirting sometimes.

You meet again a month later and he did the same again - kiss you quickly on the neck but never said anything about it !

Is he just being friendly ? Or is he looking for something more ? I am confused as to why he didnt say anyhting at all !! If you were him, what would you be thinking ?

Edited by hopelesslyunsure

Does he need glasses??? Maybe he thought your neck was your cheeks..:p

Kidding aside, i haven't encountered a friendly kiss on the neck. Hmm..seems like there's more to it...

• Like 1

Is he just being friendly ? Or is he looking for something more ? I am confused as to why he didnt say anyhting at all !! If you were him, what would you be thinking ?

Nope, he's either being very forward and forgetting his social etiquette or he feels very close to you, wants to let you know (whether consciously or not) so that he can get closer.

It's a very intimate spot because it's vulnerable - think about how you feel when you expose your neck. This means it's reserved for very close relationships only.

todreaminblue
So you have this guy friend you have known for a long time. One fine day you meet him for lunch as you do over the years. He approach you, you smile and greet him. He puts his arm around you gently and give you a quick kiss on the neck. You thought "oh, what was that for ?" You ignore it because you didnt think much of it. Had lunch, and time to say bye. You got your sunglasses on and he put his arms round you and kiss you on the neck again, lightly but for a while longer. This time you leaned into him because it feels nice. But nothing was said ever after the incident. Both of you continue to communicate as usual flirting sometimes.

You meet again a month later and he did the same again - kiss you quickly on the neck but never said anything about it !

eeeek lol the neck is an erogenous zone....well it is for me....pulse points galore......to me that is more than friendly.... if it is a peck its different even then the neck.....an arm around the neck is friendly across the shoulders around the neck......a hand on the neck.....is more like ownership but i am a bit left of center im sure not everybody feels this way.....but a kiss on the neck for me is something i would want a partner to do.....not a friend.....deb

A deliberate kiss on the neck? Don't think so.

I once kissed my crush on the neck but it was his fault :p He tilted his head when I was about to kiss him on the cheek, and I slipped.

• Like 2
todreaminblue
A deliberate kiss on the neck? Don't think so.

I once kissed my crush on the neck but it was his fault :p He tilted his head when I was about to kiss him on the cheek, and I slipped.

lol the joys of feeling awkward this post made me smile.....have done it before.....deb

• Author
hopelesslyunsure
You can be sure he's had that one planned for a while! No doubt he didn't say anything because he doesn't want to freak you out.

I wish he would say something so I know what his intentions are!

Charlie Harper

If you like it who cares, just use a real nice perfume....I love it... a kiss on the neck and a super nice perfume...

• Author
hopelesslyunsure
More to it!!!!! He clearly likes you but its tough to tell a friend you want more. If you feel the same, play back a bit.

My gut feeling is that he likes me a lot but we are both weary of ruining our friendship.

One goes to kiss a female friend on the cheek. She turns so the kiss ends up on her lips. Can a kiss on the lips, that way, ever be friendly? Yes, so I'm told by the countless MW's who've done it. EOS. Anything is possible. People define how they feel. Beats me.... I don't bother trying to figure such stuff out anymore. I just avoid the lips :D

IMO, if the 'kiss on the neck' doesn't go anywhere, it doesn't, friendly or not. Progress is a sure sign of progress.

A kiss on the neck is sexual. He did it too many times too, so yeah, he is feeling you out, seeing your reaction.

Now, if he had kissed you on your forehead, that's genuine care, probably platonic too.

• Like 1
My gut feeling is that he likes me a lot but we are both weary of ruining our friendship.

Then stop the friendship, even more so if you (both) are married. You know deep down what's what...And listen to your gut, if you have to question it, chances are you both know exactly what is going on.

Back off and stop seeing him one on one. Detach.

worldgonewrong
A kiss on the neck is sexual. He did it too many times too, so yeah, he is feeling you out, seeing your reaction.

Now, if he had kissed you on your forehead, that's genuine care, probably platonic too.

And if you did both to a woman - as I did this weekend - I guess I'm expressing deepest love & attraction? :love:

• Author
hopelesslyunsure
And if you did both to a woman - as I did this weekend - I guess I'm expressing deepest love & attraction? :love:

So were you ??? :0)

I had a coworker kiss me on the neck when saying goodbye. It was very odd, as we are both married and don't flirt with each other at all.

• 1 month later...
  • Author
hopelesslyunsure
I had a coworker kiss me on the neck when saying goodbye. It was very odd, as we are both married and don't flirt with each other at all.

Did he / she do it again since then ?