are guy/girl friendships real?

Can a guy be just best friends with a girl without having any attraction feelings for her?

are guy/girl friendships real or does one of them always end up developing feelings for the other?

yes. guys and girls can be freinds. all my life my nearest and dearest have been guys. Now they were my friends because they were cool and we had things in common but we werent attracted to eachother. as a matter of fact we mostly used eachother as a sounding board throwing ideas about we liked to eachother. I would describe these relationships as brotherly and sisterly.

Do i get nervous when i hear that my love has a female friend yes... ive known women to try and weasel there way in with that card but then there`s me... so what i would focus on is trusting that my mate loves me and not worry about the other party.

Good luck..

hi, in my life i have had many friendships with females, i was one of those guys who didnt really get into having "mates" like many other men would, i just felt more at ease with the girls.

most female friends were just that, but i recall one very special female friend i had over a 4 year period, i slowly found myself so in love with her that i had to walk away from our friendship, and it was so painful.

i still recall to this very day the very moment when i tested her out to see if she actually had any "romantic" feelings towards me (i was hoping she was like me and was hiding them)

we were with some friends walking from our cars to a night club, and i was walking side by side with her, and for some reason, i got this odd feeling from her that she was waiting for me to do something, so i grabbed her by the hand, and a few seconds later she pulled her hand away, moved away from me and started walking with one of my mates, so there it was, the very "split second" that broke my heart :(

that was the night when she ended up in a relationship with my best mate, and i had no bloody idea she even liked him, but she did a dam good job of hiding it from me, i was totally blown away.

if you do have a strong friendship with a female and you want to keep it, just dont think of her as a possible future partner if she isnt giving you the sign.

BeyondtheClouds

I don't understand why people have to talk in terms of best friends in the first place. When I think of my own family situation, we grew up practically next to another family. The mother was friends with my aunt.

Well, years later, our friend was an only child and both her parents were dead. My brother AND his wife who still live in her hometown very kindly offered to let her have the reception after her mother's funeral at THEIR house.

that's what friends do for one another. Not this FB friending and likeing and texting and IMing all hours of the night.

|this generation needs to get a grip on what friendship really means.