Does my friend(girl) have a crush on me?

Lowdragmaro11

Im asking this question for my brother, and this is what he wrote:

Okay well this girl who I have been friends with for about 2 years is giving me a vibe that she might have a crush on me. She Hhas boyfriend who is one of my really good friends and I usually hang out with him. But the last year they have been fighting none stop and she always call's me to help her out with her relationship and says I have good advice. She call's me to hang out with her and says how much fun she has with me. She will also invite me to go with her and her boyfriend or friends out to random places. She randomly says how tall I am or just stares at me sometimes. And always seem's to laugh at all the things I say and always walks with me. She even told me how jealous her boyfriend gets when she spends time with me because I give her things she wants from her boyfriend that he cant give her.

I know she loves her boyfriend a lot but keeps telling me how they are having a lot of problems latley, and the LAST thing I want is her to end up liking me. So is this what most girls do to their guy friends or should I try to spend less time with her before she gets more attached to me and I end up making her boyfriend really upset?

monkeysnape23

I think that this girl probably does like you. Usually girls do the things she is doing when she likes her guy friend. I think you should talk to her about it and see what she says. She may be unhappy with her boyfriend but just be staying with him because she cant have you .

PlumPrincess
Stopped reading at "she has a boyfriend".

He also said this at the end:

the LAST thing I want is her to end up liking me. So is this what most girls do to their guy friends or should I try to spend less time with her before she gets more attached to me and I end up making her boyfriend really upset?

It's possible that she likes your brother. In any case, if I wasn't interested in a friend, I'd withdraw. Better safe than sorry.

• Author
Lowdragmaro11
Stopped reading at "she has a boyfriend".

Maybe you should read the whole thing before you make assumptions that I am trying to steal this girl from her boyfriend. He is one of my really good friends and there is nothing that I hate more then cheaters and people who back stab other people. Even if I did have a crush on this girl the last thing I would ever do is have any kind of relationship with her while she is with someone, even if she breaks up with him I couldn't start talking to her. I know how devastated I would be if a friend did this to me.

Also, I would try talking to her about it, but it would make things very awkward, and there could be a chance I am wrong and the girl just see's me as a very good friend, then it would be 10x more awkward if I mentioned it. I am just trying to get feedback since I'm kind of stuck. I don't want to be more then friends with her, but then again If I stay friends with her there could be a chance she ends up liking me more then a friend and I would not like to loose her and her boyfriend's friendship.

This is another reason why I thought guys and girls could never really be true close friends because most of the time it ends up leading to something else at some point in time.

Edited by Lowdragmaro11

Sounds like she likes you, but you really don't. I'd reaffirm to her that you only want friendship by saying something like "I really value our friendship and don't want that to change". That may make her give up any hope she might have towards something more and you can continue to be friends, or she may feel like her desire is too strong and can't be friends any longer. It's a tough thing to deal with, I've been there before many times.

This is another reason why I thought guys and girls could never really be true close friends because most of the time it ends up leading to something else at some point in time.

If it only happens "most of the time" then of course in every other case a guy and girl can be true close friends. Two people can be friends when neither has strong romantic feelings towards each other, for example. It will always hurt a person to get rejected, but it's typically best to do it sooner rather then later, because bonds develop over time and the greater the bond the more it hurts when it breaks.

Be careful and good luck.