Are moving from friends down the yellow brick road to something else?

Hi all, first time poster, so let's see how this goes!

My little dilemma, probably isn't so much a issue rather the psychological need for confirmation, with that said I will proceed:

For the past few months a close friend of mine has started to change, not in a bad way, but in a good way. It started about 2 months ago at the office where we work, I don't usually work in the office all the time so I'm only really there for meetings.

Anyway this started over a pen, we were having a evening meeting and like most places we have to sign a register, this occasion there was no pen and she started fussing, a couple of weeks later we had another meeting and this time there was a pen, but she was fussing again and pointing out that there was a pen there for me, she'd never acted this way before.

The changes continued, when I forget my keycard I have to ring the bell, normally the receptionist will answer the door, but I have noticed more that she was answering the door, through the glass I could hear her running to the door and she would greet me with a more softer tone in her voice and plenty of big smiles.

We've recently had another meeting and when I arrived she was offering me drinks which she has never done before and she only made a drink for me, it was in this meeting she seemed to have stepped up the flirting, I would assume! I noticed aswell we weren't having the usual cheap biscuits but some rather expensive ones, we've never had them.

Moving on, we sat next to each other and the meeting started all fine and dandy, during the meeting she recanted something I told her 2 months ago, word perfect, not one word changed or missed out, she also started talking like me and acting like me, she has never done this, she started doing that leg crossing thing and kicked me, I turned to her and smiled, whilst she was crossing her legs she showed a bit of her leg, I've never seen her legs before, she's always worn long trousers.

The thing she did that got me was a woman sitting across from me was staring at me, I looked at her and she looked in a world of her own, my friend though leaned in front of me to block her from looking at me, I was slightly puzzled but took it down to my friend wanting some attention, during this meeting there were other men there and she never once spoke or looked at them.

More recently I was in the office, I was talking to another woman, just chatting about her work and my friend walks past and interrupts our conversation, when she spoke to me she never once took her eyes of me, not a flinch, she did seem a bit jealous though and wouldn't talk to the person I was talking to. My friend walks off, she walks past me again with plenty of big smiles and she was playing with her necklace.

My friend has the upper hand in this little game of cat and mouse, she has access to the CCTV on her computer, so she know where I am in the building and what I'm doing, I did notice was small thing and it was when I was leaving the office after the recent meeting, she came running after me to say see you soon, she didn't say anything to the other men. I also noticed she had signed me out on the register before I was leaving the building, but with the time I first picked my jacket up.

My question or what I'm looking for in advice is, I haven't changed in all the time i've known her, is she looking for us to become more than friends?

All thoughts are welcome!

• Author

I did forget to mention something else that stuck out, I was signing into the building and my friend came running up to me, 2 other guys were behind me, she was talking to me in her soft tone, but when she saw the other two guys her tone became quite snappy when she spoke to them as if she was annoyed that they had interfered with the time she had with me!