Gf, friend 8 years later?

I recently spent some time with a girl whom I have know now for around 8 years. We dated briefly at the begining of our relationship. I was 17 at the time.

I have always been in touch with her and have hung out with her and other mutual friends. The other night she had me over to her house, after mentioning that she kinda missed me and she wants to see me. Before the other night the last time I spent time with just her and me was when we dated 8 years ago.

I ended up spending about 5 hours with her, we talked about practically everything, went to eat and just hung out at her house, a very casual night.

During that time she told me how much she liked me when we were teenagers. Im not sure if she is still interested in a relationship with me at this point or not. I texted her when I left her house telling her I made it home and sorry I couldn't stay (she offered me to stay, I declined and told her that I better go home tonight) she replied "Im thinking you shoulda. That just means we will have to hang out again soon. Thanks for tonight. I am really glad we finally got together" Since then there hasn't been much communication outside a few texts the next day, iniciated by me. How should I go about this situation? I like the girl, but I dont want to force anything if shes not interested. thoughts?

WhiteChocolate

She is interested. Text to set up your next meeting, and then avoid initiating text conversations until you meet again.

Good luck, have fun :bunny:

• Author

WhiteChocolate, thanks for the input. I tried asking her today if she would want to get together sometime this week, she said that she was busy with something and would get back to me. After about an hour I realized that she wasn't going to get back to me. Sooo, I guess I will just go with the flow and whatever happens happens I suppose. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I have a feeling I am watching whatever it was we had imploding in front of my eyes...Spent the night with her over the weekend, nothing physical. Spent a good part of the next day with her (and her 2 year old son)...things went well. She also has said,since this weekend, that she wants to see me again soon.

Today, she is out with another guy at some hot tub party. Im glad she is having fun, but for me it sucks. Am I looking for to much?

(I have a feeling I know what replies this may get)