In Love with my friend's girlfriend who is my long time best friend

(I am new, I hope this is the right place to post this!)

So my one friend, who I have known for about 3 years now (lets call him "Chuck"), started dating my best friend (Lets call her "Kayla"), who I have been best friends with since kindergarten (about 13 years total!). They have been together for about over a year now.

I have always loved "Kayla". Ever since we first met in kindergarten. She did love me back. She asked me out in 5th grade, I wasn't ready for that! we were way too young! So I turned her down. We didn't speak to each other for almost a whole year, until we had a class together in 6th grade. Then we were best friends again!

So now we are in high school. . . She has "Chuck". I don't have anyone. and (this might sound a little stupid, or corny) I listened to Katy Perry's "The One That Got Away", and it made me think "I can't let that happen to me!". But now I am afraid it is too late. . . They are already talking about what they are gonna do when she turns 18 ("Chuck" is a little older than her). "Chuck" is going to pick her up and they are going to go away from her father somewhere and live together. He already has his career planned out. He will be making a lot of money as a programmer or something cause his dad does that already so it will be easy for him to get started. "Kayla" likes that.

Its getting close to graduation, I am running out of time! What should I do?

Let her go? or should I do something?

What should I do?!

Edited by pug

If you're her best friend, and close to her, just talk to her. Ask her how she feels about you? Ask her what she will do and how she would react if you reveal you want her.