FWB caught feelings and now im really depressed. any tips or ?

FaithInTheDark

FaithInTheDark

I knew this guy from way back, we reconnected again and hooked up. he made it clear he just wanted to have fun , be friends above all and liked my company, i accepted at first i was kinda disapointed and kept my distance.(didnt want to catch feelingsany futher and get hurt) but we always have alot of fun together eg: camping, fishing, hiking, and have this amazing sex. he was really affectionate as well. and we became good friends. acted like a couple but were just FWB

we have been hanging out and hooking up for 3 months ( i cant believe i let it go on this long)...and well i think about him alot lately and look forward to seeing him . and i realized i have caught feelings. i like being around him but i feel sad when i leave his house. Now hes leaving for Europe this week and i feel really depressed about it...I just want to meet someone that wants a relationship and not to feel alone anymore. being single is starting to take its toll i think.everytime im alone at home i get really sad and usually i enjoy being by myself. and i think its cus of him.

well hes leaving this week..and i think its best if i stay awway from him and allow myself to forget. it had to come to a end sometime.

is there any tips of moving forward from a guy that i have no potenial relationship with? i dont want to loose him as a friend..but i think its too late to save it. i caught feelings. i miss him already. and i havent felt this bad in a long time.

any insight and or tips to heal fm this kinda situation?? i feel like i dont have anyone to talk to about this.

thanks guys.

This would be good for the break up section...my advice which most will probably give there...go no contact, dont talk to him at all

Is he like moving away or going on vacation or something like that?

You treat it like another breakup. Fill your life with other people and other activities so that you minimise the time that you are left with your thoughts.

If you've ever experienced another breakup before you'll know that with time the pain does lessen. And when you feel like you need to vent, post here.

And I agree with Casablanca about going NC. You need to wean yourself from the addiction of being with him, seeing him, talking to him and hearing about him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
FaithInTheDark

thanks for replying guys. he is from europe. so hes going to be there for the winter.(a couple months atleast) i didnt email him or made any contact since he left but he emailed me yesterday to see how i am doing. im feeling better since i posted this thread. but the feelings still are there. i guess how can u not (3 months!)

a lession i learnt was not to become addicted to someone that isnt on the same page as u.when it comes to what we want . no regrets though. we did have good memories.

In the future, just don't get involved with someone who isn't on the same page as you. We can't control our emotions. The best we can do is avoid situations that will lead to hurt feelings.