Trouble reading this guy...

Hi guys, I'm new here and hoping to get some advice please (and thanks!)

Please be nice :)

Okay, so I met this guy on a dating website in October. Before meeting, we'd been talking online daily, for like a month straight. Not just "hi how are you" conversations, but big long messages - he seemed like such a great guy.

-for the record, in case it matters, I'm 27, he's 33-

So anyway, we met up and got along great. We continued to see one another from October through December. At first we'd see one another a couple times a week. We live an hour apart, and he works a lot, so eventually we were only seeing each other once every 2 weeks. I broke it off with him, explaining that I didn't think it was worth it, when we see one another so infrequently. (note at that point we hadn't slept together, it was strictly dating)

Anyway, maybe 6 weeks ago, he finds me on the same dating website and we start talking again. We agreed to get together again and see where things went. I mentioned to him I didn't want things to go back to the way they were - seeing one another so infrequently again, and he agreed.

So we've been getting together once (or occasionally twice) per week, going on dates, dinner whatever. I actually really like him! We've discussed planning a trip to Cuba together, and going camping with a group of my friends this summer.

On Saturday, we went out and had some drinks, and wound up at my house, where we ended up sleeping with one another. Before anything happened, I told him it was really important to me that he's not involved with other girls while dating me - and he assured me that no, he isn't. I reiterated it to make sure, and he promised me that he's not involved w/ any other girls.

Okay, so here come my issues...

He's still on the dating website, listed as "single." He logged on last night, so I'm wondering - should I be asking him about it? We didn't have a talk agreeing that we were in a relationship, but I understood there was a level of exclusivity. A girlfriend was browsing plenty of fish, and noticed him on there as well - he states that he's looking for a relationship on his profile...

His birthday is this weekend. I mentioned Friday to him that I'd like to take him out, and he told me he wouldn't be able to see me this weekend at all - as his family's leaving town, and he needs to help them prepare, and also he's leaving town Monday on business for a few days. I'm sure he'll be going out with friends Saturday - is it wrong to be disappointed he didn't invite me? I invited him camping and several other things with my friends.

Like I mentioned, he's going out of town on business - and is telling me he can't see me again until the weekend of July 2,3 - as he'll be busy. Though we live an hour apart, we both work in the same city, so there's no reason why we couldn't grab a bite to eat after work, or go for a walk or something. He just reiterates that he wants to wait until the weekend. If it matters, this was all discussed before we had sex - so it's not like everything changed after the fact.

He continues to text me every day - he always initiates the conversation and says sweet things.

I'm completely confused and looking for some input. Not sure if I should confront him on this or not. Perhaps I'm looking to move faster than he is? I'm not sure. Maybe I'm overthinking this whole thing..? Hoping I can get advice from you guys...

Thanks a bunch!!

Edited by leighaxox

Everyone knows that Plenty of Fish is primarily used by guys looking for sex and women looking for more.