how can i stop being awkward towards my friend?

hey.there was this girl i liked who was friends wit me in the first place.i had just come out of a relationship when i realised how i felt about her and she found out that i liked her.i wasnt realy in any shape of mind to ask her out or even flirt.anyway..she told me tht she didnt fancy me and that we should stay friends.then was after we had gone bowling wit friends and i didnt make any sort of move or even any conversation because i was lacking confidence after my last relationship.

anyway...at bowling,she met this guy and got his phone number.i was realy upset altho she did nothing wrong because she was still single.this guy and her are now going out and im kinda upset by it all.

she said to me tht im not her type.i can accept that she dont fancy me but it still realy hurts that she going out with this guy.now even tho we still talk online and meet up,things are very awkward between us.last nite,i went to the local shopping centre to meet up with my friends.she was there also.she told me earlier that she didnt take her bf with her because she thought it would be harsh on me.i later discover that the bf had bowling.

i think it was her presense that made me feel awkward.i didnt say much at all last nite.im not normally loud or over talkitive bt i do make conversation but last nite,i didnt have any confidence to talk to anyone.inc da girl i liked.

im not sure how to get rid of this awkwardness between us.i just want things to go back da way it was before with us being friends and talking like usual.

should i distance myself for a while from her until im ready or do you have any other suggestions?

soz for the length...but this would help me alot to move on with my life.hope you can help.thx.

VASH THE STAMPEDE

That kind of situation can be overwelming at times,I would distance my self from her for a while,until you get over your feelings .

That way you don't jeopardise you frienship with her ,if you still want to be friends with her that is.