Guy/girl friendships=hog wash

DreamerGirl27

Guys and girls are not friends. They never have been and they never will be.

My best friend just proved it by conveniently leaving out a little detail about a "friend". Not going into the whole story, it isn't important, but the point was, she lied to me about something that only proves my point.

Most women are the ones pushing for just friendship and nothing more and it's the men on here wanting more. I am the exact opposite. If I'm talking to you, I'm interested, plain and simple. I don't play games. I don't beat around the bush. If I'm paying you attention, I want to jump your bones (or eventually jump your bones once we're in a seriously committed relationship).

Men: This is me apologizing for my gender in the fact that we think we can string you along and we're just "friends" and we never give you any. If I was your friend, I would. (Eventually). Because I wouldn't be your friend if I wasn't interested. That's unneeded attention from the opposite sex that isn't necessary. If I wanted to hang out and not have sex, I'd go to my girlfriend's house.

are you on a crusade or something ? i have close female friends- very close. so close that i have no problem going for drinks or play golf with my friend's husband. when she and i go out for drinks, just the two of us, i tell her how much it sucks that i haven't been getting laid, etc., or whatever topic i feel like talking about with her. and she tells me how her husband can sometimes be an arse around the house :laugh: i'm very open with her. she is a very attractive woman; i've seen her date numerous men in the years i've known her, before she got married. she's been my 'wingman' at the pubs/clubs numerous times; and she's hooked me up with her acquaintainces a few times :love: i drove 10hrs in middle of a busy project just to attend her wedding; and i would do the same if she ever needed me in a time of crisis- anytime. and i have never dreamt of ****ing her.

as you were saying ?

Have to agree with above poster. I'm a female and I have three very close guy friends that I feel I could tell my most intimate secrets to, and ****ing them has never even come close as a thought. I would do anything at the drop at a hat for these guys, and I'm sure they would for me.

ALonerAgain
Have to agree with above poster. I'm a female and I have three very close guy friends that I feel I could tell my most intimate secrets to, and ****ing them has never even come close as a thought. I would do anything at the drop at a hat for these guys, and I'm sure they would for me.

Unfortunately this is a concept totally lost on DreamerGirl as she views any guy worth knowing as someone she'd also like to screw (and then marry).

Because I wouldn't be your friend if I wasn't interested.

She looks down with contempt at anybody below her physical and moral standards, which she has openly admitted in her other threads. Perhaps, I think so she can prove to herself that she's worth all that and more.

This thinking has made her obsess over the same guy for over a year and she's STILL nowhere near getting him to commit to her!

Guys and girls are not friends. They never have been and they never will be.

This is, of course, according to DreamerGirl's world, not reality.

If I'm paying you attention, I want to jump your bones (or eventually jump your bones once we're in a seriously committed relationship).

It's quite sad that you view men in this way. Simpy as desirable objects that you must posess, though only if they can prove they are yours and yours alone.

Men: This is me apologizing for my gender in the fact that we think we can string you along and we're just "friends" and we never give you any.

Sure, that might not be the "game" you play, this is more your style:

"I like you and I want to screw you. But not until you commit to me. No matter how much you want me too. Of course, I'm not gonna tell you I like you - you're gonna have to guess. So I'm gonna hang around cos I know eventually you'll break and you'll see I'm worth it no matter how long it takes".

In other words you want a guy to prove you're good enough to be waited on.

You are such a tease and you love it! :p

(BTW, why are you using "we" when this is soley your view?)

Edited by ALonerAgain
rbtnylander

I'd say life is much more complex than that.

I've been friends with girls that just wanted me as a friend (still am friends with some).

I've been friends with girls that wanted more than friendship from me (either from the beginning or later on) and some got more from me, some didn't. Out of those who didn't, some decided they didn't need me in their lives anymore, then some were ok with it anyway and we stayed on good terms.

You cannot really have an entire relationship outlined from the very beginning till its end, things can change because people change, or people stop pretending and start showing their true natures (be it for good or bad).

What I think is most important is to stay true to your intentions at all times and not try to be something you can't or don't want to be for another person (a friend in this case)

*shrugs* The OP seems to think that just because she views men solely as objects to screw, all women do too.

Apparently so. And her friend proved her theory. OMG how funny is THAT?! If they're friends, they probably think along the same lines.

No wonder there are guys who won't let their women out of their sight. After all, any guy who LOOKS good is a guy worth screwing. :rolleyes:

Every person is different, and men and women as genders are different.

A cat is a cat, and a dog is a dog, but they can both be pets. In that same way I believe you can have friends that are both men and women although the relationships will be different.

I’ve always found it almost if not out right flirtatious to refer to some one of the opposite gender as being like a sibling to you. That guy (or gal) you say is like a brother (sis) to you did not grow up with you the way a sibling often does, has no social stigma in romantically perusing you, and doesn’t suffer the risk of familial anarchy (messing up a family) by doing so. If you’re not romantically involved its more like you’re an old married couple ripe to start something if one side or both fold.

In today’s world being friends and networking with both genders offers it advantages. It’s also an advantage to recognize boundaries in the way you interact with opposite genders. Also when it comes to committed relationships excluding certain date like activities with the opposite gender will cut down the drama in your life.

• Author
DreamerGirl27
Every person is different, and men and women as genders are different.

A cat is a cat, and a dog is a dog, but they can both be pets. In that same way I believe you can have friends that are both men and women although the relationships will be different.

I’ve always found it almost if not out right flirtatious to refer to some one of the opposite gender as being like a sibling to you. That guy (or gal) you say is like a brother (sis) to you did not grow up with you the way a sibling often does, has no social stigma in romantically perusing you, and doesn’t suffer the risk of familial anarchy (messing up a family) by doing so. If you’re not romantically involved its more like you’re an old married couple ripe to start something if one side or both fold.

In today’s world being friends and networking with both genders offers it advantages. It’s also an advantage to recognize boundaries in the way you interact with opposite genders. Also when it comes to committed relationships excluding certain date like activities with the opposite gender will cut down the drama in your life.

^Agree with Dust.