Why won't she accept my Facebook request?

Love Struck Rob

Love Struck Rob

I am totally laid back about most things in life, have a fairly good social life and always look on the positive side of things.

I'm currently in a social adventure/activities group and last Friday night I met this fab girl on a pool night. We got on really well, and were also (by pure chance) both going to another event on Sunday. Before we left on Friday night I suggested to her that we both go in my car to the event on Sunday, which she agreed to. She text me her address on Saturday (quite a long and happy text too!) and then we met up again on Sunday and spent the day together having lots of fun. We were giving each other nice smiles throughout the day, so I was subconsciously starting to think this girl might actually be the one! It felt so natural with her, and she didn’t do ANYTHING to make me think she didn’t like me.

On the way back on Sunday evening I even suggested we get a meal together, which she was more than happy to do. We had a great time and I dropped her off at her house around 8pm. We left things on a good note, and when we parted and I felt fantastic.

On Monday I joined Facebook (I know what you're thinking, but I've been trying my best to avoid it for years now!!). Anyway, I had already told her I was intending to join and found her profile on the site and duly sent my 'friend request' to her. I even text her to say that I'd sent it and to let me know if she didn't get it. Actually, at this point, I just wanted another excuse to get back in touch with her!

She text me later on Monday to say that she'd seen some of my photos from our event on Sunday but didn't get a chance to get through all of her Facebook stuff that day as she only had an internet connection at work and not at home. She sounded really happy to be texting me back and we have since sent each other a few other text messages about various other things (including another event that we are again both going on in another week - I'm even sharing a villa with her – how cool is that!)

Since Monday (and still being new to Facebook), she hasn’t accept my friend request, although in fairness, she hasn’t denied it either. But it’s this that’s really bugging me, and I mean really bugging me! What has made it even worse is that she and another guy, who we also both met on the Sunday event, are now Facebook friends!! I suspect that she sent HIM the friend request, as I told her that he was on there.

What I really can’t understand is why has she not accepted my friend request, especially when she has Facebook’d this other guy? I must admit that despite my laid back, positive nature in life, this has really knocked me for six!! It’s been brewing since Monday, and yesterday, last night and even this morning I’ve felt so depressed, I’ve been off my food, felt totally crap and really cannot think of anything else. I know I have only just met this girl, but even in the past week she has just blown my mind. Now, it’s driving me crazy and I just can’t seem to get all this negativity out of my head.

I could understand if she just didn’t like me and could then just deal with it, but that’s what’s weird – she seemed to REALLY like me, and I REALLY like her too. Do you think I should play it cool with this girl, or do you think she really doesn’t like me and is just being polite? This is totally doing my head in!! I totally need some advice here!! Btw, we haven’t actually spoken since the weekend, just text messages.

Any decent advice would be much appreciated here, especially from other women, as I’m guessing you’re likely to know more the way she might be feeling.

Thanks guys.

• Author
Love Struck Rob

Forgot to add - Last text I received from her she had signed with a kiss (yesterday) - only noticed that this morning.

Uh...dude...it's just Facebook...it's not that big of a deal...and to be honest, I personally don't FB friend girls I've just started dating until we've reached official relationship status...Facebook just tends to complicate things.

But to be honest, you did get a little weird by texting her to make sure she got your Facebook friend request...yea, that's kinda f'in weird... :rolleyes:

princess_lollypop

this reminds me of a south park episode

Randy: Hey Stan, my computer says we're not friends anymore.

Stan: My Facebook profile went rogue, dad. Had to go into the circuitry and do battle with it. I sent all my friends somewhere else.

Randy: Okay, so we're not friends then?

Stan: F**k off dad.

no worries dude it's just face book.

I prefer the same thing as Hokie, I don't FB girls I'm interested in.

The only thing that gets me is when they FB me first. I should just stall and see if they bring it up.

EyesWideOpen

I don't FB-befriend guys I've been dating for a short amount of time. It usually takes at least a few weeks before I'm comfortable with them poking around my page.

I wouldn't want to have a love interest on my Facebook page either, not at first anyway. I've had bad experiences with clingy, possessive guys, and I'd want to make sure that he wasn't going to be like that first. I'd also want to make sure that he didn't presume too much at first, like that he's my partner. We are both finding out about each other and although I might be excited to see him and to think of a potential future with him, I don't want him stepping in and 'staking his claim' just yet. I want to get to the stage where he's met my family, friends, been on holiday, just generally become a real part of my life before I'd want him invading my private space.

I am older though and I'm more aware of how much having a guy in my life would be an invasion of my space. It's not that I don't want one - I do, very much, but I don't want him taking me over. It's possible I would be 'friends' with a guy who just wanted to be a friend, but keep my love interest to myself for the moment. If it's all going to go horribly wrong, I don't want to feel he'll be there on my page, complaining.

I did meet a guy in the past who I liked. He wanted to be part of my life far too quick, I thought. He wanted to meet my friends, family, and wanted a commitment from me. I felt I didn't know him that well and wanted to wait and see how we got on. Either he wasn't happy with that or he was a complete and utter player because he just upped and left one day and I never saw him again. I was mightily glad that I hadn't let him invade my life to the extent that he'd wanted. As it was, I felt he was only there to come into my life, prove that he could walk around in it, and then disappear. I'll be even more careful in future not to let a guy in too soon.

You are obsessed with her, and even if she did add you...it might actually be worse afterward. Seeing how you are reacting right now... you probably going to stalk her all day long, waiting for her to come online (etc).

One thing that I understood so far in my life is, "DO NO TRY TO UNDERSTAND WOMAN'S". Next time, try telling a girl to add you instead, if she's interested she'll add you if she's not "next". Honestly speaking, a guy acting like that isn't really attractive. You lack confidence and self esteem.

dun let small things get you down.