Guy friend acting strange

Hi all, new here and could do with some opinions, views on my situation. Thankyou :)

So I have this ex who I'm friends with and we've been friends and 'just' friends for over 3 years. The relationship we had prior to friends didn't work out and for a few reasons, but despite that and because we got along really well, is why we continued to remain close and talked every day.

More recently I have met a new guy and we started dating. Of course I told my friend about the new guy and he'd said he wasn't jealous, that it was none of his business who I got involved with and what I did.

But since then, which was a week ago, he hasn't called me or text me. I've called him, but no reply. I find it odd and it just seems to be since I mentioned I was seeing someone else, that he has disappeared.

Any opinions or views as to what may be going on with him?

Most men understand that other men don't like men their wives or girlfriends have f*cked hanging around as 'friends', especially if such circumstances were recent. I'd say, absent jealousy, which you appear to discount based on his words, he's purposely distancing himself out of respect for your new relationship. Or he died.

Has he dated in this three year span of you two just being friends? There's a possibility of him harboring feelings for you, and being confronted with information that there's a man in your life might be too much to bear.

• Author
Has he dated in this three year span of you two just being friends? There's a possibility of him harboring feelings for you, and being confronted with information that there's a man in your life might be too much to bear.

It's something he's never talked about to be honest and I've never asked, so I don't know.

As for him harboring feelings, I'm thinking that is not the case and because a year or so ago I'd mentioned us getting back together and he'd said he was happy the way things were, so I didn't push it and just continued to be a friend.

I just didn't expect that he'd react like this. I thought he'd wish me good luck, but still continue to remain in the picture and as a genuine friend would.

Dazdnconfuzed

He is shell shocked about talking about this with you. He wanted to keep things the way they were because there was no one else in your life and he was comfortable with things the way they were. Now there is a guy you want to talk to him about he is like:

"Oh snap... I should of grabbed it while i had the chance, do I still having feelings for her, man I think I do, oh man what did I do! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

• Author

OK...so since I posted he's returned again. Took him little over a week to call and he was a little unsure what kind of reception he'd get because I could tell by his message. But I was fine with him. He hasn't mentioned the other guy nor have I - so it's back to 'friends' again. I'm thinking maybe he was just afraid he'd get his nose pushed out and when some other guy was on the scene.