cuz shes making me miserable

About 10 months ago I met this girl while at a diner with some friends. I didn’t see it but my friends thought that she liked me or something, iduno. It did kind of look like she had a interest in me but that only lasted for a week.

After that I would call her every once and a while and we would hang out at parties and such but nothing would ever happen beyond a hug when she would leave. During the end of summer we hung out a lot at my friends house, and I had fun every time she was around.

My friends (male and female) loved her, they thought she was cool as hell. Before those few nights I thought she was pretty and little weird…but interesting. But after hanging out with her those nights I realized what a great person she is. She’s funny, smart, warm, and one of the cutest girls I have met. One thing I keep finding my self saying about her is “she’s like nobody else I’ve ever met”.

I haven’t seen her since school started but ill talk to her on the phone ever once and a while. And I am starting to realize that I miss seeing her.

My problem…

Well I get the feeling from her that she sees us as just friends. She hangs out with a lot of “guy friends” and half of them are probably just like me/think about her just like me.

I always end up going for girls that I have been friends with. This is the second time I have fallen for a female friend. The first time it happened I ended up losing her for good.

My dilemma is should I really risk saying how I feel?

Keep in mind that I AM VERY BAD WITH GIRLS. Friends say that “I don’t put myself out there that much” I guess that could be true. I have never had a real girlfriend or been on a actual date. I am very inexperienced in this department but willing to learn for her. I’m not a hermit, just a little unconfident and shy. I few times in the past I tried to tell her how I felt but I drew a blank. I also have this huge feeling of guilt with telling her how I feel, like im some jerk out to make her feel uncomfortable. I am very awkward with girls I actually like but I can atleast be sincere and honest with them.

What’s something simple I could say besides “I like you a lot” so I don’t feel like such a tool? Im 20 not 10, I feel like I could say something else that she hasn’t heard before so she knows im serious. It sounds tacky but I really do think she is something special and she worth every bit of effort I could give.

I know this was a long post so thanks for reading if u did. I could use any help anyone could give me cuz shes making me miserable.

2SidestoStories
I could use any help anyone could give me cuz shes making me miserable.

I just want to draw your attention to this. Not because I want to point it out in terms of "Why would you go for someone who makes you miserable?" but to say to you, "You're blaming this girl for YOUR shortcomings!"

You said: I AM VERY BAD WITH GIRLS.

You also said: just a little unconfident and shy.

Then you said: I also have this huge feeling of guilt with telling her how I feel, like im some jerk out to make her feel uncomfortable.

Followed immediately by: I am very awkward with girls I actually like but I can atleast be sincere and honest with them.

My analysis of this situation is that first and foremost, you should trust yourself a bit more. If you really are able to be sincere and honest with a girl, even one who you like, it will make a tremendous difference in your life. There is a difference between being honest, though, and being cheesy, and I acknowledge that you're trying to find a way to not be cheesy.

What may be the most effective way to handle this is call her up and ask her on a date. Just the two of you. Do your best to keep your cool, and have a good time with her. You don't have to pour your heart out to her, and this will actually more likely damage your chances at being around her more. I know you have 'known' her for ten months, but it sounds like you haven't taken a lot of time to really get to know her. That's the beauty of talking to people and interacting with them: you get to know them!

Something you could say to ask her out on a date would be, "I would really like to get to know you better." Only, don't use it as a line; be honest.

Good Luck!