I am falling for my sisters fiances brother

I need some advice on what I should do to further this relationship. I am really falling for my sisters fiances younger brother and both my sister and her fiance know that I like his brother and they both think it would be great if the two of us started dating but i dont' know if he is interested in me. I first met him a year ago at a birthday party and he was really shy and quiet so we didn't talk much, I did not see him again until june of this year when his oldest brother got married. During the reception they had a couples dance and since i had no one to dance with I just stayed at my table then about halfway through the song he came up and asked if i would dance with him! So we had a very nice dance even though we were both nervous :D During the rest of the reception he was hovering around where I was sitting but never came over or said anything. I saw him next in july and when he saw me he gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek, and it was really nice. I have seen him more oftenly because I have got to know his family better know but since both of us are so shy we hardly talk to eachother but i am dying to talk to him but have no idea what to talk about. My sister told me that we would be perfect together because we have so much in common and his family already knows who i am. I don't know if he likes me in return or if he is just being nice but I want to tell him who I feel cause I am going crazy keeping it to myself, what should I do and how should I tell him, please give me some ideas.

Sounds like you might be a bit shy too! :D

The only way two "shy" people are ever going to get together is for one of you to find the courage to make the first move.

So why not just call him and ask him out? :love:

• Author

yeah, I am also a very shy person especially around guys that I like, but thanks for the advice, I have something in mind that I could do. I am having him and his family and my family over at my new condo on saturday cause i am gonna cook a big meal so I maybe I should ask him if he wants to come over on saturday afternoon and help me set up and cook.

-Cassie

Now that's clever!! :laugh:

You must come back and let us all know how it goes!

And being the bettin' gal that I am, I'd be willing to wager he'll jump on the invitation!

And a lady that still knows her way around a kitchen! He'd be a lucky guy indeed!

YOU GO GIRL...and get that man!!

• Author

yay! i thought of a good idea :p I will try to ask him if he wants to do that tonight, hopefully and I will post his response here. I would be the happiest girl in the world if he accepts my invitation. Thx again.

-Cassie

• Author

thought i would give you a update on what's going on. I left him a not on his bed tuesday night because he was at work but the note was pretty much just about the dinner on saturday night and seeing if he would be able to make it and at the end I added in if he could come over earlier in the day and help me out with the shopping and cooking. I saw him yesterday and he said that he could not make it to the dinner cause he is going to a white stripes concert but he said that might beable to help me out with getting it all ready! So I really hope that he will beable to comeover on saturday so we can hangout and get to know eachother better.

Wow! A guy who has something to do in the evening but offers to help you with a party he can't be at! Sounds like a good one! Lucky girl you are :)

No, No, Noooooooo....NEVER ask a guy to go grocery shopping!

They're allergic!!

That's only one step away from: "hun, will you grab me some tampons on your way home?" :eek:

All kidding aside, I'm so glad you found the courage to make a move, Cassy! Are you glad that you did? I think things will go just great once you gradually break the ice. And even if he can't help with the preparation, he'll still be there, right?

Sloooooow and easy. Let him know in subtle ways that you're interested, but wait until he responds. He might be a bit embarrassed in front of the family, so I wouldn't expect too much in the beginning. Make yourself friendly and available, but give him enough space to make a few advances on his own. And if you can’t read the signals, I’m sure your sister will be happy to offer some inside advice. ;)

...And whatever you do, make sure you put the BIG steak on his plate!