LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Transitioning > Friends and Lovers

how do you treat a FWB

Friends and Lovers Progressing into "Friends with benefits" and beyond: When platonic relationships become more intimate.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th November 2010, 9:32 AM   #1

how do you treat a FWB

I posted this on another forum but thought it might be appropriate here as well. I had a one night thing with a guy who is recently divorced. It was great. We agreed ahead of time that it would only be that night but now it is more FWB. I don't want a relationship with him. I've never been in a FWB situation or had casual sex. Only had sex in committed relationships. I thought I would feel slighly used afterward but I don't at all. He has been really attentive. He calls and emails me every day or texts me. He is saying things like he misses me and that he can't get my beautiful face out of his mind. That our hook up was awesome, that every song he hears on the radio makes him think of us, that he can't concentrate. That when he thinks of me he gets all warm inside.

Is this how one normally treats their FWB?
Mandi7759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 9:40 AM   #2
Established Member

Exclamation

I wish,
I'm more like him and your more like my FwB.

I'm falling in (better said fallen) love with him. Honesly he is the most perfect man I could ever have and yet, as attentive as he can be to me (he spoils me in many ways) he is ever the cold fish to the L word and any really loving contact.

He even says he sorry if he accidently touches me in an 'inappropriate' place.

I THINK HE'S' FALLING FOR YOU!
Yvelysse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 9:59 AM   #3

I'm feeling cynical this morning so take this with a grain of salt.
He could be snowing you under. That it's all part of the FBW to keep you coming back for more. What's worse is that it's could develop into a rebound relationship which is a recipe for heartbreak. I don't know, he sounds really clingy and dependent to me. If it was supposed to be just once and now it's not, I think you need to figure out what you want and make sure he understands that. Enforce those boundaries.

But to answer your question directly, no it's not how I treat a FBW or have even been treated by an FWB. Romance has no place in FWB.
Old 24th November 2010, 10:12 AM   #4
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn_Zephyr View Post
But to answer your question directly, no it's not how I treat a FBW or have even been treated by an FWB. Romance has no place in FWB.
I believe your right. The last FwB I had was absolutely non-emotional. He was fun for a few months then poof, he married.
Yvelysse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 12:43 PM   #5

I was the one who wanted it to happen a 2nd time (i'm sure he did too) at first I asked if we could do it again soon (because it was SO good) and he said he'd like to but it was hard to get away from work (we don't live that close to eachother and have different work schedules) but then before he even dropped me off we were talking about when the nexxt time would be. He doesn't JUST talk about mushy stuff he talks about how I make his entire body feel good when he thinks about me and what he wants to try next time. But he burned a cd for me of songs he thinks remind him of "us" and wants me to meet him on thanksgiving just to see me for a few minutes (no sex) before I go to my family dinner. WEird??
Old 24th November 2010, 1:13 PM   #6
Established Member

With my past FWB, they treated me like their GF everytime we spoke via email, text, phone, and in person. It was like we were dating, but from across town, and only certain times. He called me his GF when we were together, and I relpied, "I'm not your GF"... he then said, "you are today, right now"..

Similar experience with my past fling, which was a female. She told me she missed me everytime we talked. With her, we had contact everyday at least via text.

Last edited by SouthernSunshine; 24th November 2010 at 1:15 PM..
SouthernSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 9:29 PM   #7

If your not looking for a relationship you need to tell him this as soon as possible and set some bounderies/guidlines.

FWB can be the perfect thing as long as you both understand what eachother wants out of it!
urdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2010, 9:51 PM   #8

General

This is a wonderful opinion. The things mentioned are unanimous and needs to be appreciated by everyone. I appreciate the concern which is been rose. The things need tobe sorted out because it is about the individual but it can be with everyone.The above thought is smart and doesnít require any further addition.Itís perfect thought from my side.A very smart and diplomatic answer. Itís really appreciable and general.
=============================================
Workout Routines
shownmichle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2010, 4:12 PM   #9

hello guys ...
its really nice and informative post....
i just liked it....
thanks for your information guys ...........
Esmailsaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2010, 5:30 PM   #10

This has the potential to get very complicated-he sounds like he doesn't know what he wants entirely-he says he wants an FWB or just sex, but then says he misses you, etc and burns a cd for you of 'your songs'. Very conflicted. FWBs work and only work when both parties are honest about their intentions to each other, and to themselves.

You treat your FWB with respect of course, but you also maintain a level of emotional distance, and an awareness that it is just sex. The minute you get a sniff of emotion, other than physical desire, is the moment things start to go belly up.

I'd have a little chat with him, find out his expectations, if he says he wants to be FWB with you, kindly tell him to dissist (sp?) on the emotional convos etc, it's confusing. If he can't separate the two, then you can't be in this situation with him.
harmfulsweetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2010, 9:23 AM   #11

We met up again this weekend and in his words "made love" for 8 hours. Wow. It was so intense. both physically and emotionally. in between the sex, we just laid in bed and talked and held eachother. He kept wanting to stare into my eyes and I didn't want to do that and he asked why and I said because its too initmate and he said thats the whole point. That did I think we were just F**king or did I consider it making love. Because he can't just f**k someone. That there have to be feelings involved. And that he has feelings for me. That he really really likes me. He asked if I get attached easily and I said yes in some cases I do but I don't fall in love easily. He said he falls in love easily and could easily fall in love with me but because he doesn't want to scare me away he promises he won't. The line is getting very blurry. He's just so darn sweet. I know not to fall for this because we are in the "honeymoon stage" and I don't want to progress beyond that (hence why I don't want to be in a relationship with him). I did let him take me out to dinner the day after though and I saw him on thanksgiving for a few hours just to talk. I know... I know... I'm crossing the lines. But he really wanted to see me and the sex is just so amazing.. It's weird, he can be so down and dirty in the bedroom but outside he's this big softy. He remembers EVERYTHING I say and do and he is just stuck on the littlest things.

He says he will think for hours just about a certain way I looked at him and then kissed him. Or that I say his name (in the heat of the moment) he says no one has ever done that before. If I just run my fingers over his hand when we are driving he just grabs me and kisses me. Yesterday (no sex invovled) he said I looked so beautiful that he couldn't stop staring at me. Its like he's crazy about me. Kinda scary. I don' t know if this is normal. But he KNOWS how I feel about a relationship and he acknowledges that and says he will take what he can get for now and that its never been this good (sex) with anyone before and that I make him feel young again and he thinks I'm too good to be true. He will even say that he is dreading the day that I find someone else (that I want to actually date) because he knows I will leave and he will lose me. Should I let myself fall for him or just take a step back. I mean he makes me happy and the sex is out of this world amazing. But I know everything will go downhill so what is the point?
Old 29th November 2010, 9:54 AM   #12

May I ask...what do you actually want out of this? It sounds like you're unsure, and I'd recommend not seeing him again until you're sure, then you can lay your cards on the table and see where the sand lies.

If you want an FWB, you can't really be doing it with this guy. It'll get too complicated, too quickly-it's already blurring.

Have a think about what you really want, then have a talk with him, no sex involved, and see what he thinks/feels.
harmfulsweetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2010, 10:54 AM   #13
Established Member

I'd say this is clearly no longer a FWB relationship. He clearly wants more than you are willing to provide. The sex may be "amazing", but he is already talking about feelings and you just want more f**king.

Either admit that you are dating this guy, or get out before this gets really messy.
mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2010, 11:43 AM   #14

I've never been in a FWB relationship before so I don't know where ALL the lines are.. I have to say I want more than f**king. I don't want wham bam thank you maam. I like it that he calls and sends me texts and stuff. Sometimes talking about what he wants to do next time (dirty stuff) and sometimes talking about how he misses me and thinks I'm so pretty. He's also done things like bring pictures of what he likes to do in his spare time (not sex stuff lol) and of his pets etc. I think thats kinda weird but whatever. I want the sex but it makes me more comfortable that he's kinda lovey dovey and not cold toward me and I enjoy the sex more that way. Are you SURE he is trying to snag me into a relationship? Couldn't this just be his way of keeping me around. To shower me with affection and compliments and keep in touch etc. He did say something yesterday that scared me (he had made me a cd of all these songs that make him think of me and we were laughing because when we went to dinner they kept playing these same songs on the radio and he told me, that "almost any love song makes me think of you". As long as he doesn't start throwing around the "L" word I'm ok. Am I leading him on???

I thought I'd made it clear that I don't want anything more. But then I've been in relationships where it feels like my partner is simply my FB. We'd have sex and then he would ignore me the rest of the day or watch tv and not touch me unless he wanted laid. With this guy, he constantly wants me (we saw eachother three times this week but only had sex one day) but he likes just holding my hand when driving, sitting at a table for dinner, and he's always touching me. Whether its tracing my face, or rubbing my neck or running his fingers thru my hair or rubbing my leg... geez I just don't know what to do. I guess I'm cynical and thinking this is just an act that he's putting on because he's in awe of me or whatever and wants to keep getting laid.
Old 29th November 2010, 11:46 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmfulsweetz View Post
May I ask...what do you actually want out of this? It sounds like you're unsure, and I'd recommend not seeing him again until you're sure, then you can lay your cards on the table and see where the sand lies.

If you want an FWB, you can't really be doing it with this guy. It'll get too complicated, too quickly-it's already blurring.

Have a think about what you really want, then have a talk with him, no sex involved, and see what he thinks/feels.

What do I want out of this? I want someone who adores me and respects me and treats me right but only wants to get together maybe once a week to have great sex. He can call me a few times a week if he wants or text. But I don't want a relationship. no strings attached. Too much to ask for huh lol