Unattractive friend turning attractive?

GardenFlower

I have a friend who I've known since early in high school. In high school, I had a lot of guy friends, but he was the one I really didn't have interest in. We were just friends, and it was okay that way. I've gotten to know him better now that we're both in college and he is no longer interested in another girl who he was into a few years ago. After getting to spend more time with him, he has become quite attractive in my eyes, and I am noticing more things I like about him physically that I didn't see when I liked him in a purely platonic way. For example, although he is my height-- 5 foot 6 inches-- and therefore a bit short for a man (I usually tend to be interested in the taller guys), he is athletic, and quite muscular. I love that! :love: He likes to lift weights for exercise. In a way, I actually like that he is my height; it is comfortable for me, as we can effortlessly look eye-to-eye. He's also gotten more skilled over time at grooming himself and making himself look handsome. :] Personality-wise, he is tough, "street-smart", and very confident, and I also find those qualities very attractive. He is mature, clever, a skilled problem-solver, and someone I can truly call a man. He is also smarter than he thinks he is, and has a lot of motivation and determination. He has goals and dreams, and is willing to work for them. I feel very safe with him, I believe he could protect me if need be, and I know I can trust him. He has real spirit. We share some interests too, such as music, movies, academic topics, and more romantic pursuits. =] There's another thing-- he's shown a more romantic side of himself lately too. It naturally helped that he has started to develop an interest in me; when someone likes you, you're more likely to like them back. ;) He cares how I am, and likes to talk with me. He believes in the importance of communication and trust. He's really starting to grow on me. I like him a lot. Before I never imagined we would have a relationship like we have now. He's just becoming so sexy, heh! I think we have some good times ahead of us.... :)

I'm not sure where we're headed, but we're becoming more physically intimate. We're at least dating or friends with benefits. With luck we'll someday be together. If that isn't what he wants, though, I'll have to say goodbye sooner or later. I hope it turns out well, but all I can do is hope and dream right now. That, and take a chance.

It felt good to write that all out. Sorta a brainstorm, and a good way to sort my thoughts. :D

Edited by GooseChaser