Can a man's feelings change overnight?

toowarmhearted

I have been dating and seeing my friends brother for about 2 1/2 months. We are both adults now and he seemed to be really happy with me. We laugh and have so much fun together. He tells me that I make him feel good. He carried my picture around in his pocket for the first month. He's even bought me roses three times in the last 2 months. He sends me emails as I do for him also ...sweet letters and tells me how wonderful it was to spend the day with me. We do lots of things together and spend time cuddling.

I am a caring person and I do go out of my way for him maybe more than I should, but it's beacause I like too. He calls me with hesitation three times a day just to say hi or good night. I really enjoy the way he was treating me and how good a person he is.

Suddenly without warning he wakes one morning and tells me that my feelings for him are deeper than his feelings for me and ends the relationship. I am in shock, and I don't know what to think. I wonder if perhaps he faked all the affection and caring. Can it be that a guy will just lose his feeling over night? I asked him if he was faking and he said no, he just started feeling that way?

We have not spoken in 7 days and i am not sure if i should cut all contact in order to heal and move on...

I have noticed he still has me on his computer chat list and it appears that he wants me to talk to him. However he has not called and I have not called either. Just kinda strugging here? Should I attempt it and talk to him one more time or let it go..... please help. (Gee we didn't even have an argument or anything)

You may have been smothering him a bit much if you go out of your way doing things for him. He probably cares for you but was feeling a bit overwhelmed with all your attention and might not be able to handle it, or he may not be ready for the kind of relationship that you are.

I wouldn't call him; let him contact you. He's already said he thinks you feel deeper for him than he does you...believe him and move on.

• Author
toowarmhearted

Thank you for your reply...you see at the beginning when we were dating I wasn't sure if I even liked him. But he was going out of his way and doing sweet nothings for me...I grew to really have feelings for him. As he was calling me three times a day; etc.. Now I have been reciprocating his actions doing things for him. And he's ended it.... I just don't get.... either way I am not gonna contact him...gonna wait and see if he contacts me as I know he's been trying. Thank you ever so much for your advice.