My situation with this girl. Where to go from here

Waldo Jeffers

This may be a bit long, but nobody I know can relate to me. Please read and give your advice!

I met a girl in community college 4 years after graduating high school with her. We didn't know each other in high school. We used this situation to break the ice and we started sitting next to each other in our class, and talking afterwards. We have a 45 minute to an hour break afterwards, in between our night classes(separate).

Anyway, she has a boyfriend. I knew this from the get-go, and I was kind of bummed but I didn't give up on the possibility of becoming friends. I figured i'd let her guide me. She asked for my number, asked me to get a drink sometime, and initiated time to hang out and study for our class together. I don't really text her out of the blue, but she texts me a few times, nothing serious though. We usually studied at her place when her parents were out..we have hung out and gotten drinks one night, i met her friends at the bar. Not the boyfriend.

She talks about the boyfriend occasionally. Whenever she talks to me it's on a name-basis, like I know who she's talking about (i've picked up on it, and act friendly). She divulges some secrets about her past, stating "don't tell anybody." She likes to talk alot and I listen to her. She doesn't have many good things to say about her boyfriend, and the term i've heard most often is "annoying".

We just recently spent a great day together where I picked up on her body language and signs of interest. I picked her up from her place, we went to class and she was writing on my note book and copying my postures. She asked me to join her for wine that night, but we wound up hanging out instead. As the night got dull, we decided to split and her boyfriend called her. She lied about where she was. She said she had to talk to him about alot of things, including "THIS", which was her and I. We don't talk about our relationship, even as friends, it's just kind of known. The last time I saw her was Saturday, after that great day. We had to study, so we did. But she was completely different..

Since then we've had little communication and our last class of the semester is tomorrow. I want to be friends with her, but there's the whole boyfriend and boundary system going on here. Does she sound interested in me? Should I back off, press on, tell her how I feel? Ask her if I could call her to hang out?

Any interpretations or advice would be excellent!!!