Denied! (...I think?...)

I've had a really good guy friend for the past three years. We're so tight, in fact, that the joke among our friends is that we are secretly dating. We always laughed it off and assured everyone that we didn't like each other. We helped each other find dates -- we were each others matchmaker.

...Well, a few weeks ago my friend suggests that we should start dating. I was, at first, cautious. But we talked it over, and as we did so, I realized that I had feelings for my friend.

So...I told him so...

"Oh, hrm. Well..." was his response. It's been a few weeks and I still haven't heard a yes or no. All he said was that he "felt a lot better" about himself since then.

Logic would dictate that it is a no -- but...I don't know. It's difficult to describe the atmosphere between us, nothing has changed dramatically, but he seems to smile at me a lot more (or perhaps that is just my crazy girl brain).

Urgh, I can't make heads nor tails of this situation. Any ideas?

What exactly did you tell him lol.

But to be truthful, and if you were direct enough for him to understand your intention, then let it go. If he were interested he would have pursued it by now, and continuing to bring it up will just make the friendship more uncomfortable.