Situation with this girl.

CougarFingers

CougarFingers

Hey so I met this girl 2 years ago through a friend. We've talked a lot but only hung out like 40 times because our schedules just never worked out. (I went to college out of state, then came home and she was busy, then she went out of state for school etc.)

We've practically got our own language, and she laughs at all of the incredibly stupid things I say. A strange connection.

Last winter was the only time we've both been in the same situation. Both single, both back home. She wanted to hang out with me on valentine's day. I made her a great card (took me like 8 hours). Then the next day asked her out for a real date. She said, "I would, but I'm kind of hanging out with somebody." (EVEN THOUGH SHE WAS WITH ME ON VALENTINE'S!)

That pissed me off immensely. I left for 2 1/2 months to travel and didn't speak with her all summer. Recently, she wished me a happy birthday, and that got us talking again. I went to see her today, and just can't shake the old feelings. We didn't talk about that today, but I did apologize for not talking to her in so long.

We'll be going to the same college in 3 months, and probably seeing each other a good deal.

Two questions:

1. When she said, "I would(go on a date), but I'm kind of hanging out with somebody." Was that just a nice let down? Or is it possible she was really seeing someone?

2. Should I just talk to her about everything and lay it on the table next time I see her?

Please give me your opinion on this situation. Thanks in advance.

So you asked her out on 1 date and gave up?? have you heard of a girl not always being available? Did you not start thinking about her more and wonder what she was upto when she told you she was hanging out with someone? Ask her out on another date!! what have you got to loose???

Why get pissed off? she is not your gf, valentines is just a day..

In my opinion honesty is the best policy.. Dont over complicate things by second guessing or reading to much into things

Be upfront and confident. Dont be a sputtering mess and throw yourself at her feet.

If she responds in kind then good. If not you know where you stand and can move on.

If the attraction is there, it's there. You cant manufacture it or make her fall for you.

just my opininon and im still single lol.

• Author
CougarFingers
So you asked her out on 1 date and gave up?? have you heard of a girl not always being available? Did you not start thinking about her more and wonder what she was upto when she told you she was hanging out with someone? Ask her out on another date!! what have you got to loose???

Why get pissed off? she is not your gf, valentines is just a day..

In my opinion honesty is the best policy.. Dont over complicate things by second guessing or reading to much into things

Be upfront and confident. Dont be a sputtering mess and throw yourself at her feet.

If she responds in kind then good. If not you know where you stand and can move on.

If the attraction is there, it's there. You cant manufacture it or make her fall for you.

just my opininon and im still single lol.

Thanks man. Yeah I was rethinking this the other day since I knew I was going to see her. I was just pissed that I went out on a limb, got shut down, and she hadn't mentioned some other guy before even though we talked a lot.

I'm definitely going to be cool about the stuff when I talk to her. I just need to think about the wording/how to bring it up and make it known I still like her.

Hopefully it'll go well, I don't want to be stuck in the 'friend zone'. I probably helped it by at least saying I was sorry and felt like an assh*le for not talking to her.

find the right moment, look into her eye's and tell her somehting like "you know, i think that your somebody special and someone that deserves to be happy" for who she is as a person.. if it feels right, kiss her..

other wise just get her really drunk and tell her " I love youuuuuu..." with your hand on her boob :laugh:

Don't tell her your mushy-gushy feelings. Show her. Ask her out on another date. If she gives you that she's "kind of seeing" some other guy, then run like hell in the other direction. If you continue to hang around, then it is your own fault for your continued pain.

Seriously, who says the are "kind of" hanging out with some other guy? That's weak. You should just say that you would "kind of" like to see her naked.