For the second time tonight, I chickened out on telling this girl that I like her more than a friend. I have her alone and then I don't do it.

I'm a wuss, seriously and I know I shouldn't be. What is your opinion on handwritting a letter telling her how I feel and personally hand it to her?

Good idea or no?

It would be better if you said this to her. There is nothing more sincere than a face to face conversation.

Do not write the letter.

YOU ASK: "What is your opinion on handwritting a letter telling her how I feel and personally hand it to her?

There are some things that are far more appropriate as said verbally rather than written. First time "I love yous," "your house is on fire," etc., etc.

What you want to tell this girl must be told in person. Giving it to her in writing is basically telling her your a cowardly wimp with no cojones.

What is the absolute worst thing she can do......shoot you? OK, and if that happens we'll all chip in and give you a truly great funeral.

All kidding aside, there are only three possibilities. She rejects you and you remain friends, she rejects you as a romantic interest and the friendship is damaged, or she likes the idea and things move forward in the direction you want them to.

If the friendship is damaged, she's not a decent friend anyway so you don't lose there. And you can't lost either one of the other ways either. This is a win situation all the way around.

You are a lot more likely to get the response you want if you spring this on her in person. But if you are just too chicken, I'm sure you are the wrong guy for her because women like men who are confident and who communicate appropriately.

What you are wanting to tell her requires some discussion and that can't be done if you give her a letter and run like hell.

A couple of nights ago, a friend calls me up and says that one of her guy friends wants to know if I would go on a date with him. I declined for one reason that he couldn't ask me himself.

• Author

I still haven't told her yet. I guess I just love having her around that I fear if I tell her it may compromise our friendship, her and I get along great and love being around her and if she didn't like me anymore than a friend I don't wanna screw that up.

I just never feel that the moment is right to tell her. I don't know how to bring it up, what to say and how to say it, what to do when saying it.

Hi

I was having the same problem around 1 week ago but I have come to the conclusion that some things need to be said face-to-face. Writing a letter is conventional (nothing wrong) but it lacks the sincerity (that's how I feel). So I decided that I would find a chance to tell her face-to-face when she returns from her overseas trip. Like you, I face the dilemma of spoiling the friendship with her but I ask myself this question: "Do I really just see her as a friend and nothing more and do I want to leave it at that?"

Perhaps once you can answer that truthfully, you may find it easier to decide whether to take the "risk" of telling her. In any case, all the best!

She can probably tell that you like her, and is just waiting to, as Tony says, have the "cajones" to actually tell her. Girls don't like guys who aren't confident. In fact they tend to RUN from those kinda guys....so don't tell her, work on your confidence. Take the time to look within to find out what you would possibly change about yourself if you could, and do it. Hey I'm dating a 39 year old with Braces!! He's so adorable...

GIRLS WANT GUYS THEY CAN RESPECT, NOT GUYTS THEY'LL BE MOTHERS TO.