Quickie Question

Well, it's me again.. as you read in the past things "seemed" to be rough between that girl and I. In the past few weeks since that post, things have been good. She never asks of anything of me much, I stand my ground more now and she respects that.

In all honesty, she is a great person. She's very down-to-earth, very sweet, she's funny, and extremely intelligent! (no exaggerating either on that).

Her and I get along great, we spend a lot of time together such as on Sunday her and I spent the whole day together just hanging out here at my house and I talk to her nearly every day.

The thing is, I'm growing attached to her. Meaning I want to be something more than a "friend" with her, I want her and I to be together. My parents claims that "she really likes me a lot" saying that she seemed jealous when my best friend, who is a girl (but also married) was over the other day, and when we were outside sitting talking to my parents she'd casually and playfully lighty hit my upper arm.

My mom says that's a sign that someone likes you. But you know, unlike when you're 14 you don't ask girls "will you go out with me".. so how do you know if "you're together"?

How exactly do I approach her about her and I being together, what would be the ideal way of finding out? What can I do or say to show her that I like her more than a friend?

Thanks,

Joe

The best way to do that is to just tell her you're liking her as more than just a friend and see what he reaction is. If she tells you her feelings aren't moving in that direction, you will be much better off staying away from her for a while. You can't be with someone you care about romantically while they just want you to be their buddy.

Do this now...don't wait. Once she puts you in the buddy category in her mind, it will be hard as hell if not impossible to get out.

I kind of like the idea of asking someone asking me to be his girl! That helps clear up a lot of questions and it never hurts to ask for clarification, if you do it in a nice, unconfrontational way. I know that it would have been nice if my husband and I hadn't talked around the issue in the beginning, but instead said something to the effect of, "I like you, I'd like you to be my girlfriend/my boyfriend."

good luck!

Tell her that you like her a lot, and ask her if she would consider being your girlfriend. Just be very direct about it.

I was very direct with my current girlfriend, as I got hints from her friends that she liked me. I asked her face to face, I just said "Would you like to be my girlfriend?". To my surprise she said "Yes, of course!".

Try it, and good luck! Just make sure it's when you two are alone. And look right in her eyes and ask her. If she likes you, it will work. Good luck!