being friends with my ex

My boyfriend and I broke up about a month ago. It was a very messy brake up. I caught him cheating on me and he was not man enough to admit it to his friends. He had two different stories. He told some people that he broke up with me because he wanted to see other people. He told some people the truth. I was so angry when I heard he was lying and set people straight (I Shouldn't have even bothered). I got tired of the whole ordeal and told him to leave me alone and I would forget we ever met. I regret saying that now. I would like to be friends with him. I tried to be friends with him right after we broke up but he was very immature and rude to me. I am wondering if I should risk it and give him a call. We were so close before, I think we could be very good friends. We got to know each other so well.

Why do you want to be friends with a cheater and a liar? How long did you go together?

My boyfriend and I broke up about a month ago. It was a very messy brake up. I caught him cheating on me and he was not man enough to admit it to his friends. He had two different stories. He told some people that he broke up with me because he wanted to see other people. He told some people the truth. I was so angry when I heard he was lying and set people straight (I Shouldn't have even bothered). I got tired of the whole ordeal and told him to leave me alone and I would forget we ever met. I regret saying that now. I would like to be friends with him. I tried to be friends with him right after we broke up but he was very immature and rude to me. I am wondering if I should risk it and give him a call. We were so close before, I think we could be very good friends. We got to know each other so well.

You can't be friends with this guy. He doesn't even want to talk to you not as a friend, what makes you think he will talk to you as a friend. This guy cheated on you! Just go on with your life and forget you ever met him. If you continue this, it will make him seem right for cheating on you.

I would hope you would get some help from a highly competent counsellor to get to the core reasons why you would want to be friends with someone who betrayed you and then treated you with rudeness.

It is not practical to want to be friends with someone who treats the other with rudeness, betrayal, lack of respect, consideration, etc. Exactly how could you benefit by being his friend?

As far as him telling his friends the reason for the break up, what's it to you? Let him tell them what he wants. Just stay out of his life. This guy is majorly immature and a loser to boot.

Don't even bother..NOT worth your time or energy

Why would you even CONSIDER being friends with someone who not only LIED, but also CHEATED ON YOU? Why would you want to give his dog the time of day? Are you that desperate for friends? You think you both could be good friends? What the hell? Do good friends screw around and betray each other? Oh brother, get some help.

Don't even bother..NOT worth your time or energy

Since you live in a small town you will run into each other a lot, unavoidable.

But you do not have to be friends with someone who betrays you.

If you have mutual friends that can be akward, but if anyone asks you what happened, just be truthful.

His true colors will show to enough people over time.

Keep the high ground for yourself.

Sounds like your not over him if you want to be "friends".

Give it time, the friendship should come natural, dont force it.