friend's situation

i saw the previous message and ...

i have a guy-friend who's "best friends" with a girl he been in love with since grade 12. he says its fine that it's just a friendship b/c he doesn't deserve her as a girl.

how stupid is that?? they're really close, and she's been rejecting him as a guy for 5 or 6 years ...

i know it's none of my business, just sharing w/out gossiping.

-yes :)

Not knowing all the details, it's not easy to adjudge this as stupid or not.

But I can tell you for certain, every ounce of stupidy I ever had...and more...has come out glowing in matters of love. We all get stupid at some point or other. That's why we are here and why we have to be kind and patient with others.

Things may seem stupid to those looking in from the outside, but there's always people on the inside who are hopeful, confused and often setting themselves up for grave disappointment and pain.

hmmm, sounds like they're trying to "play it safe" -- him by not telling/showing how he feels for fear of rejection, and her ... well, it's not clear if she's just friends with him or completely avoiding him. But, oftentimes, people behave that way when a relationship first blossoms, because they're afraid of being hurt. It's a dumb part of the mating dance, IMHO!