ex boyfriend/best friend

I have been best friends with this guy (BSW) for 4 or so years. About a year and a half into our friendship we started dating (our junior year in high school). We dated for two and a half years and I was his first girlfriend, his first kiss, his first sexual partner, his first everything.

We talked about remaining friends even after we broke up, and we are best friends. Even though we havnt been together for over a year, he still tries to do a lot of sexual things with me. I can be over at his house and he will try to get me to sleep with him. I have dated a few guys since him and every time I do, he cries. I told him that I dont want to be with him anymore and he tells me he understands but then comes the waterworks everytime I start to see a new guy. I dont know what to do. Also, he keeps buying me things like rings, braclets, and earrings. If I accept these gifts am I leading him on?

stop being so damn cruel!!!!

cant u tell the guy cant let go? its very hard for people to let go of their first everything ... get the hell away from him! the guy still wants you -DUH... it's very cruel to be "friends" with people who clearly want to be your lover ... he needs to have no contact with you for a long time, so that he can heal and move on ... he doesnt have enoguh strength to do that... so be a "friend" or simply human, and let him go!! talk to him - say that it's for his own good - he might get mad - whatever - thats not the point. He needs to not hear, see, smell or touch you for a LONG time to get over u.

good luck

I have been best friends with this guy (BSW) for 4 or so years. About a year and a half into our friendship we started dating (our junior year in high school). We dated for two and a half years and I was his first girlfriend, his first kiss, his first sexual partner, his first everything.

We talked about remaining friends even after we broke up, and we are best friends. Even though we havnt been together for over a year, he still tries to do a lot of sexual things with me. I can be over at his house and he will try to get me to sleep with him. I have dated a few guys since him and every time I do, he cries. I told him that I dont want to be with him anymore and he tells me he understands but then comes the waterworks everytime I start to see a new guy. I dont know what to do. Also, he keeps buying me things like rings, braclets, and earrings. If I accept these gifts am I leading him on?

Yes.

If you accept those things, yes, you are leading him on.

You will need to cease communication with him for a period of time to get him to heal from this relationship. Being friends after you have been in a romantic relationship only works with the most mature of people. It seems he is just not able to pull it off.

After a year or two, maybe you can be friends again. But for now, you aren't doing yourself or him any favors by being friends when he wants a lot more.

Stay away from him for now...no email, no calls, no meetings, no nothing.

Your leading him on. PERIOD

It is cruel. I dated a friend after ten years, fell in love than I have to survive that he just wants to be friends.

I work with him all day, see him at family gatherings, he drops by my house often, and calls me on the phone to tell me he's alone. I often wonder why I dont despise him. I'm trying to make the transition from loving him intimatly to being a friend as gracefully as I can. It takes strength.

• 4 years later...

I went out with a boy named Diego for a while. After i broke up with him my best friend jennifer went out with him.Yesterday he told me he liked me still and I still like him.but i don't want to hurt her by him breaking up with her for me? what should i do????

Gifts means he grown up his relationships with you.