What's the point?

I like this friend of mine, we met about two months ago. I have actually told him I liked him and he never responded back to me. Someone at one point though did tell me that they heard him say that he did not feel the same way towards me.

What I don't understand is why he spends so much time around me. He calls me a lot throughout the day, sometimes if only just to check up on me and to see what I am doing. We work in the same building and he will usually go visit me over five times a day just to check up on me. He is usually tickling me or just bothering the heck out of me in any way possible. Everyone that sees us together automatically thinks that we are dating, when I ask them why they say its the way "he looks at me".

I can see what they mean too, because I always notice *that* look. He has an uncanny memory for detail, and sometimes goes out of his way to do nice things for me. Whenever I talk to other people and I tell them how he has actually said he didn't have feelings for me they start laughing at me and they say I am insane, because there is no way possible that "that guy does not like you". I always try to get him to go out with other girls and what not and he always says that right now he has no time for that and he is sick of disappointments. We have kissed already but it wasn't anything too big or special. It was just one of those things that *happen*.

This guys has LOTS of baggage, for example right now I know for a fact he is dealing with two disappointments- from people he liked but did not like him back.

I mean I pretty much know the answer to my questions- but it doesn't hurt to ask. What do you guys think its going on here?

Arise_Serpentor

Either he is ashamed to be interested to you, is super shy, simply not interested and wants to be a friend, gay, or is just unsure himself and is realizing you are a catch!!!

I wouldn't be a lapdog or hold a torch, but don't make it hard for him to change his mind eitheR! good luck!

• Author
Either he is ashamed to be interested to you, is super shy, simply not interested and wants to be a friend, gay, or is just unsure himself and is realizing you are a catch!!!

I wouldn't be a lapdog or hold a torch, but don't make it hard for him to change his mind eitheR! good luck!

I know for a fact he is not gay or super shy. He is extremely outgoing. Now all the other reasons are obviously there- thats why i wrote this, because I would love to know whats going on.

I like this friend of mine, we met about two months ago. I have actually told him I liked him and he never responded back to me. Someone at one point though did tell me that they heard him say that he did not feel the same way towards me.

What I don't understand is why he spends so much time around me. He calls me a lot throughout the day, sometimes if only just to check up on me and to see what I am doing. We work in the same building and he will usually go visit me over five times a day just to check up on me. He is usually tickling me or just bothering the heck out of me in any way possible. Everyone that sees us together automatically thinks that we are dating, when I ask them why they say its the way "he looks at me".

I can see what they mean too, because I always notice *that* look. He has an uncanny memory for detail, and sometimes goes out of his way to do nice things for me. Whenever I talk to other people and I tell them how he has actually said he didn't have feelings for me they start laughing at me and they say I am insane, because there is no way possible that "that guy does not like you". I always try to get him to go out with other girls and what not and he always says that right now he has no time for that and he is sick of disappointments. We have kissed already but it wasn't anything too big or special. It was just one of those things that *happen*.

This guys has LOTS of baggage, for example right now I know for a fact he is dealing with two disappointments- from people he liked but did not like him back.

I mean I pretty much know the answer to my questions- but it doesn't hurt to ask. What do you guys think its going on here?

Maybe he does have some interest in you. Maybe he just likes the comfort and familiarity with you that he's had for so long that he's shy about coming out and saying that he does, infact, have feelings for you?

As for the always being around you, calling you to check up on you and to ask what you've been up to - initially suggests to me he cares for you, a fair amount. The question is, is he just being friendly or does he like you and doesn't know a way to go about telling you?

SimpleGirl*