when he says "miss you" versus "i miss you"

this may be a really dumb question but its bothering me. how important is the addition of the "i" to that little phrase? i'm asking because a guy i like(we're just friends. he just moved to france a few weeks ago for six months) wrote on my myspace last week and at the end said "miss you!"...but then i know there's this other girl that likes him too and he wrote her last week as well and at end of his message to her said "i miss you". i got this weird feeling when i read that because what he said to me seemed just friendly and i felt like hers seemed more so. am i just reading too much into it?

Personally, I would say "I miss you" to a girl I really like, whereas I'd just say "Miss you" to one whom I see as nothing more than a friend...

missdeathwish

I agree. "Miss you!" seems more casual. Don't worry about it too much, though; it's just one message.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys are not as detailed about what they say unless they are involved in a serious relationship and in love with a girl. So the missing of the "I" in "I miss you" isn't that big of a deal.

But lets say for the sake of curiosity, he did like you. I know for a fact he wouldn't be just saying "miss you" he probably be saying along the lines of "miss you too".

But the truth is any guy that sends a "miss you" out of the blue, is thinking about you, friend or more then friends, I don't know, I don't the history of the two of you or whats going on now or how you normally are with one another on a daily basis before he went to France, just that when a guy says "I miss you" or "miss you" he is thinking about you...