The Thin Line Between Friends and Something More

alwayzlovinyou88

alwayzlovinyou88

OK! I have a question and I would appreciate it if I got responses from both sexes!

Is it possible to make out with a friend on more than one occasion and be "just friends"?

Just kissing...no sex...so its not friends with benefits right?

First of all, it's considered "just friends" or friends with benefits usually, until otherwise is clarified..

The word "benefits" doesn't always have to mean sex, either. It could be just "fooling around".

I'm guilty of this and I think many of us (probably more girls than guys) spend way too much time trying to define or label friendships/relationships for everything that happens. If only we could just let time show us where it will go and enjoy it, because that's so much more important than a label, really. Eventually "the talk" has to come otherwise just ride it out.

However, if it's weighing on your mind, there's nothing wrong with saying "so what do you think about us making out?"...and go from there.

• Author
alwayzlovinyou88

I'm rather unclear as to what friends with benefits really is. When I refer to "just friends" I mean without crossing that friendship boundary that those two individuals involved share. Do simple things such as kissing or holding hands signify something more? Or is it possible that simple friends can share this kind of affection with one another and for it to not be considered crossing the line.

Edited by alwayzlovinyou88
I'm rather unclear as to what friends with benefits really is. When I refer to "just friends" I mean without crossing that friendship boundary that those two individuals involved share. Do simple things such as kissing or holding hands hands signify something more? Is it crossing the line of friendship?

To be honest, that probably varies from person to person. To me, yes it means a little more than friendship. (making out). To someone else, it is still just friendship. Friends with Benefits are physically involved and maybe hang out too, but agree to keeping it that way. If you want to know he feels, just ask, "what do you think of being more than friends?"

I don't believe so, a friend is a friend, my idea of a friend is different from yours, I don't believe that physical contact means friends, to me that means something more.