i am slightly annoyed with my guy friend

So, I have this male friend. We met about a year ago and there was definite chemistry, but we have never been anything more than friends. He knows I was interested in him, but it wasn't a big deal, and we've gone on being good friends.

Fast forward to now, he has a new gf, but he never mentions her to me, even when I subtly hint about it. He just sent me a text yesterday calling me "baby love," something he has NEVER called me before. what the hell is going on?

Blue Eyed Brain

He likes you but for whatever reason is not making a play for you. Also, the gf is in the picture now. Forget what he text you and see if the gf stays around. He's not telling you about her, because he doesn't want to hurt your feelings - it's not love but more protection for him so you will stay around.

Do nothing and see what happens in the next few weeks and with the gf.

• Author

Yeah... this actually isn't the first time this sort of thing has happened. He hasn't filled me in on the details of his love life before, and it's always made me angry, like we aren't real friends or something.

"He's not telling you about her, because he doesn't want to hurt your feelings - it's not love but more protection for him so you will stay around."

So are you saying he's just not telling me, because he doesn't want to lose my attention?