Very Strange Situation

I've been friends with a family for about two years. First I became friends with the husband. There was nothing going on between us. But his wife was upset at us hanging out -- I am a woman. I figured she hated me and wanted nothing to do with me. Yet she really seems to like me and calls me to come over a lot. Now we spend more time together than I do with her husband. (Their relationship is about staying together for the kids and her husband has other female friends.) I'm beginning to wonder if she is attracted to me sexually. I assumed her initial jealousy was because I was spending time with her husband. Could it have been because I wasn't spending time with her? It wouldn't be the first time I've attracted other women. For some reason lesbian women are attracted to me and I have a lot of "L" friends. I've also known couples that have been together since they were very young, then one of them finally accepts that they are homosexual. Could this be the case? They've been together since their later teens.

What do you all think?

Hmmm...the 1st thing I thought was that befriending you takes you away from her husband's company. But if he has other female friends, too, it isn't like she's ruining anything for him. You could be onto something...it's very possible that their relationship is that way due to her sexual preferences. What does her husband say about you shifting your time from him to her? Anything? ...he probably knows the deal.

Next time you hang with her, maybe in conversation you could casually bring up the topic of L and see how she reacts. Does she playfully touch you a lot? ..I assume she's already done things to make ya wonder.

• Author
Does she playfully touch you a lot? ..I assume she's already done things to make ya wonder.

Shortly after she made her comment to her husband we were all away on a long weekend. She put her head on my shoulder. She also asked me to drive her to the store. She could have asked him, or taken their car, but she wanted me to go.

As for him, we had a major blowout a few months ago. (That is another interesting story.) One day when she asked me over shortly after that I told her that her husband was angry with me and we were not speaking. I figured she'd ask why. She didn't seem to care one iota and didn't ask for any reason. She continued to call and invite me to the house. Her husband and I are speaking again, but it isn't the same. :confused:

Well - I know for sure that none of my girlfriends would put their heads on my shoulder. Of course if one is going through a rough time, we would be hugging and all that but I guess you would know something is 'different'.

Like Lovelace said, you might want to bring up the L word.. it could be about the TV series.. :)

• Author

Thanks for the replies. I was wondering if I this was just in my head. Bringing up the L word is a good idea. I have another thought. I'm very close friends with an L couple down the street. Would it seem like a total set up if I had a little cocktail party and invited a few people? I could get their read on the situation. What's funny is that I'm so comfortable with my L couple friends down the street that I hug them and give them a lip peck when I greet them and say goodbye. It isn't awkward because they are out and they know I'm not an L. I'm an affectionate person. I've given the wife a peck on the cheek once or twice. I don't do that to the hubby. I wonder if that has her thinking?

i've no problem giving a lip peck to my girlfriends... oh wait.. THEY might freak out!! lol. the thing is, i'm open-minded with almost anything and everything unlike some of my girlfriends and no, i am not a lesbian although i have lesbian friends (acquaintance is more like it). anyhow, i don't see anything wrong with throwing a little cocktail party - you would be having fun and a lot of ppl to get to know of etc.

do keep us update!!

• Author

My husband and daughter will be out of town soon. I think I'll do it then. Thanks. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that is liberal. "W" and I would NOT get along. I can't wait till he is OOO.