how do you know...? fwb or potential?

So after I broke up with my ex, I went out a lot and hooked up (not sex) with guys for fun. The first one was an older guy in his mid twenties I met through friends. Well, my friend told me that i shouldn't hope for anything, it was just fun-if anything happened with him. We hooked up, but when he wanted me to stay the night, i said no. Since then, whenever we've been at the same place with mutual friends this happens. And I still say no if he wants to do more. my main reason is because i think i'll just get attached. Thing is, now that im over the ex, he started to seem more interesting.

His good friend always teases me, knowing about our hookups, and calls him my boyfriend. He's asked me before if i thought there was anything there, and I said no-protecting myself i guess in case there was no hope. so i wondered if there was anything there.

being a college student, i facebook friended him, and sent him a message. but he really hasnt been responsive. I think i blew my chances, if there were any, and i dont know when im going to see him again.

what should i do if i see him again? end the fwb? act uninterested? act interested?

I think there's potential, but i have no idea what he wants.