Why is he ignoring me??

Ok, I'm been good friends with this guys for a few years. He talks to me alot during group hangouts and asking questions about my family and work etc. Then suddenly one day, when we hang out in our group of common friends, he just ignore me and doesn't talk to me much even though he's sitting next to me and doesn't seem to be interested in what I'm saying. However he seems normal and jokes around with other girls in the group. What's happening? What is he thinking? Is he trying to hide his feelings? I don't want to lose a friend like him. :(

Strange I would say. Maybe he has heard something about you and might be troubling him.

Either that, there was something said behind your back or his which could be something that ended up coming to him in the end and probably either had him annoyed over.

Sometimes with some of my friends, I usually have a large get together of some good friends. Including my ex-gfs as well. Usually if I noticed that I am being ignored I would talk to the group normally and then later on ask a close friend of theirs to see what is the story with them ignoring me.

Usually in some cases they are either afraid to confront you about it, or just want to stay silent about their reasons.

I probably look at either let them confront you when they are ready to talk about it or, if you want... go ahead and ask one of their friends to find out what's troubling him before actually confronting him.

Perhaps you can talk things through and see what is going on.

maybe he sees you in a new light and doesnt know how to behave around you. Or he resents you because he thinks you dont like him.

well..stuff like this you'll never know until you find out one way or another.

Ok, I'm been good friends with this guys for a few years. He talks to me alot during group hangouts and asking questions about my family and work etc. Then suddenly one day, when we hang out in our group of common friends, he just ignore me and doesn't talk to me much even though he's sitting next to me and doesn't seem to be interested in what I'm saying. However he seems normal and jokes around with other girls in the group. What's happening? What is he thinking? Is he trying to hide his feelings? I don't want to lose a friend like him. :(

May be you annoyed and he leave you or he have don't feel your need.

i couldnt be a hundred percent sure, but i'll tell u a lil about my situation. i've had a best friend for 11 years. the past 3 years i've had deep feelings for her. it took me 2 and a half years to actually bring myself to telling her about my feelings. i was in fear of losing our friendship for she means the world to me. maybe this is the case. or maybe not. i find the best way to approach this is to come clean with him. i actually found that after telling my best friend that i had feelings for her was such a relief, not to mention she was highly flattered. although she did tell me that she's had deep feelings for me for years and this may not turn out the same way for u, but if he's a true friend he will understand, so dont see it as rejection if he rejects your proposition. see it as getting a long over due load off your chest. building feelings just isnt healthy. come clean and your answere will evail.

hope this helps and feel free to comment on my topic for i need answeres people.

good luck.

• Author

Thanks cystyles69, I know keeping feelings isn't healthy but I really do concern our friendship won't be the same if I tell him about it. He has had some interest in me in the past but I wasn't that interested before so we just stay friends throughout these years. I've grown feelings for him over the past year and I try to give him subtle hints about it but he didn't respond to it very well. I just fear that he's now trying to avoid me....and if we keep going like this it really hurts our relationship. I'm fine just being a friend to him but I just don't want to see him acting this strange lately. Do guys ignore girls they like??

yes sometimes guys tend to ignore girls they like especially, ive done it before.. if he wants to keep things private he prob just doesnt want others to know and so hides his feelings because he feels others may not approve of it.

let the attraction grow naturally.. avoiding isnt always a bad sign from someoen who likes you.. if they avoid you then re-appear again it may just be that they are shy/nervous about it all.. or maybe confused about their feelings.. it just takes time. gd luck!