Is this rude ?

You re-establish a friendship with a guy and he emails you. You email him back ( within 24 hours ) and its weeeeks before he emails you back . The pattern is repeated over and over. You used to have feelings for him but then he got involved with someone. He waits 8 months and starts this email thing. You no longer have any feelings and try to be friends with him. Is this rude behavior for him to wait weeks to respond back to your mails ?

well, couldn't have re-established a friendship if u asked an important question and got no response..

sounds like u both would need to step back and see how to treat people with respect

and stop asking questions

lol

• Author

Let me re-clarify please. Its common courtesy to respond in a timely manner / given the life circumstances of each pen pal . If someone waits 2 months to respond then they dont give a crap about maintaining a friendship and in my opinion are not friends so therefore I will ignore further attempts to have contact.

End of story.

Dear Nancy,

This letter probably should have been written long ago, but I think I just desperately wanted to try to hold onto something that apparently hadn't been there for some time. As soon as we are done filing for bankruptcy, I want you to file for divorce. I think we both know that this is long overdue.

I've spent a lot of time thinking, and a lot of time crying, over what happened between us. My decision, as hard as it may be, is that I owe it to myself to simply let go and try to move forward in my life and allow you to do the same. I only ask that you file for divorce because it was you that walked away from our marriage.

This is not an easy step for me to make. You're the only man I have ever loved, and that will probably remain unchanged. But like I said, I owe it to myself to let go. I can't continue to struggle with the whys and the should haves. I shouldn't have to forgive and forget your infidelity any more than you or anyone else should expect me to. I don't think I have the capacity to forgive you for the lies and for breaking my trust in you.

I will forever be sorry that I wasn't the wife you wanted, needed, deserved. I will forever be sorry that I became so sick that I lost sight of everything else. But I will also forever be sorry that you couldn't stand by me and honor the vows we took, in sickness and in health, and remain by my side through one of the toughest times I have ever been through.

Because of the circumstances, I don't think either of us will ever forgive and forget. I can't be in a relationship where either of us is constantly filled with doubt and questioning the honesty and integrity of the other, something I strongly feel will happen if we try to get back together.

Writing this hurts so much, but I know it has to be done. The pain I feel now will only intensify as you move on with your life and find someone that can offer the love I wasn't able to give. But I can deal with the pain if the end result is seeing you happy.

Just know that I will never forget you, never forget what we shared. I'm so sorry it's all over.

Love,Sid

I'm going through something similar, only it's not a re-established friendship, it's a friendship I'm trying to establish. We were co-workers for 4 months and he seemed like a really nice guy, but a little shy and sort of socially awkward. (Other people in the office seemed to think he was nice, but a little weird). I developed a crush on him, but I didn't pursue anything because of being in a relationship. (He has and/or had a girlfriend as well). Since he left, I've sent him the odd e-mail to find out how he's been, etc. (He will be returning to work next year, so I thought it'd be nice to maintain some form of friendly contact).

What I don't get is this: I'll send him a quick e-mail to say, "What's up?", he'll respond RIGHT AWAY with a few lines to say, "Not much!" or whatever, then he'll end the e-mail by asking ME a question, to which I respond (usually within 24 hours), ending my e-mail by asking HIM a question - yet he doesn't respond to this one right away. He'll wait days or weeks before typing a response. I don't get it? He had time to respond ASAP to the first e-mail, but why wait so long for the subsequent e-mails? I suppose I just don't understand because I'm usually eager to respond to e-mails I receive from friends. (Who DOESN'T like getting mail?)

Not the end of the world, but it does irk me. Any ideas?