living with a large person

It's a simple question:

Q1:

Girls, would you go out and/or build a relationship with a fat man?

Guys, would you go out and/or build a relationship with a fat woman (260 lb +)

Q2:

If no, why. If yes, what's your weight limit?

When you answer plz specify if you're a woman or a man.

Participate and let's see!!!!

It's matter of degrees. Is he 10 kilos overweight, is he 50 kilos over or more?

If he were 15 kilos overweight - yes. Anything more - probably not.

Guys, would you go out and/or build a relationship with a fat woman (260 lb +)

Nope...because I'd never have a physical attraction....

I'm not going to play the what number game...because its a case by case basis...height and body type have a lot to do with it...

I am female and no I would not date a very fat man. Now a little bit heavy say 10-20 pounds is ok. If it got to around 40 or 50 or so then I would not be attracted to them and physical attraction is a big part in the start of a new relationship. Another reason is I feel like alot of people who are that overweight do not take care of their body and that is a trait I do not find attractive.

260+ pounds? Nope, not a chance. I'm thin and fit and want someone in roughly that mold. I'm not adverse to a little extra weight (say 160 lb) as curves + boobage is a good thing.

• Author

No I am not... I am actually VERY fit but my GF is a 260 pounder.

All my GF before had nice bodies and I mean nice!.

My friends are telling me that I am F### nuts... I said I m looking beyond

the looks because we re all humans and have faults and I tried help her lose

weight but she seems to be offended all the time but I m doing it just to help.

Now, it's starting to annoy me (it always did) but seriously more because she's too defencive about it. Sometimes I look at other girls and i feel that I am missing on a lot. So I started the survey just to see if I m really nuts for doing this and only fat people should date fat people... so far, the survey is telling me I m wrong

Q1:

Girls, would you go out and/or build a relationship with a fat man?

I guess so. If he had an interesting personality.

I would love to be able to say that I have no preference as far as looks are concerned. But it's not really true. Looks do matter to me, but not so much that I'd not overlook them in favour of other qualities.

If yes, what's your weight limit?

I don't think it's very easy to set a limit.

Love defies self-imposed standards, more often than not.

Anyway my ex-bf weighed around 350 lbs so I guess I can say that 350 lbs is my limit so far.

If it was John Candy - yep! Great smile, nice demeanor, happy attitude, and he could humor me often!

BTW, yes I am fit - and VERY attractive...

I have changed my preferences in men in the past six months, to my total delight!

No more JFK Jr look alikes that are mean and nasty with a sense of entitlement... Just very average looking and MORE than kind, sweet, and caring to the top of the hill...

It is way better this way... I ALWAYS feel happy when I am with my new guy...;)

No I am not... I am actually VERY fit but my GF is a 260 pounder.

All my GF before had nice bodies and I mean nice!.

My friends are telling me that I am F### nuts... I said I m looking beyond

the looks because we re all humans and have faults and I tried help her lose

Now, it's starting to annoy me (it always did) but seriously more because she's too defencive about it. Sometimes I look at other girls and i feel that I am missing on a lot. So I started the survey just to see if I m really nuts for doing this and only fat people should date fat people... so far, the survey is telling me I m wrong

You should not dump her on account of the fact that she is fat. You obviously like her, so can't you just accept her for who she is instead of what she is?

It is sad that the society in which we live is so shallow. I had a friend who hooked up with this cute guy at a party, she is a large girl, but still attractive. To her he says, "You know what, I really like you, I would probably go out with you if you weren't so fat". He himself found her attractive but he didn't want to be seen with a fat girl, because it has become so taboo in our society. We have become shells of people, where image is more important than substance, and often for the sake of the shell we sacrifice that substance.

I didn't read this post before.

My friends are telling me that I am F### nuts...

if they keep doing this, perhaps yoo should start hanging aout with different folk.

I said I m looking beyond the looks because we re all humans and have faults and I tried help her lose

If she was already trying to lose weight on her own, helping her is a nice thing to do. But if she was feeling confortable with it, I am not surprised she gets offended.

Now, it's starting to annoy me (it always did) but seriously more because she's too defencive about it.

Why did you start going out with her? Is she kind, smart, funny, caring? What are her qualities that you find attractive?

Sometimes I look at other girls and i feel that I am missing on a lot. So I started the survey just to see if I m really nuts for doing this and only fat people should date fat people... so far, the survey is telling me I m wrong

Problem is, it's not like people can be easily squeezed to fit tight into surveys.

Personally I don't think you are nuts - but I think you should start reconsidering your relationship - or questioning yourself about what you feel for your gf.

Is yours one of those cases of someone trying to date a person they are not physically attracted to because they seem to have great personality?

Is it just peer pressure - your friends making you feel insecure about your gf's weight?

And, expecially - is weight the real issue or are you just starting to fall out of love for your gf?

I am having a bit of a problem at the minute too with a guy who keeps asking me out (he's weighs in about 300lbs I think) and I hvae actually spent quite a bit of time with him recently. He is lovely, such a sweet guy, and I hve found myself thinking about him quite a bit, but I realy don't know if I can get passed the weight issue...

I am by no means skinny but I can still see my toe when I look down...

I really don;t know if I could go with someone who is as big as he is...

Sounds so shallow but I can't help it, same as most of you can't. Physical attraction is a big factor in a relationship and I just dont think I could be physically attracted to someone so big.

Zankon,

Q1: Girls, would you go out and/or build a relationship with a fat man?

No. He has to be of healthy weight [healthy BMI].

Q2: If no, why?

He has to be of healthy weight [healthy BMI]. I am not attracted to overweight men. A healthy man maintains a healthy weight for his own benefits. Don't live as an overweight person expecting people to sympathesize and pity you.

Sand&Water

Don't live as an overweight person expecting people to sympathesize and pity you.

... I was going to say something nasty at you for such a disgusting comment. But words escape me. <rolls eyes>

I'm female. And within body/height standards. Weigh about 120lb right now.

Weight to me isn't that big of a deal. I've dated guys who were heavy. Not sure how much... but one guy was probably 5'8" and 250+lb. He was FUN. I loved hanging out with him. And contrary to popular sterotyping, this guy was IN SHAPE. Rode his bike 20 miles to and from work. We'd go mountain biking every weekend, kayaking (he kept paddling like crazy long after I was wore the f out.), rock climbing, snowboarding.. I used to run 5-6 miles 3x a week, and I still couldn't keep up with this guy!

My bf now weighs 230lbs. I wouldnt' call him fat. Hes got a bit of a gut on him, but nothing huge.

I care about weight only in regards to how much does it detract from him enjoying life? If it's obviously taking away his enjoyment in life... then its not something I can over look.. But then, it's not really about what he weighs, its about a persons outlook on life.

Zankon, you should date ladies you find attractive and fun to be with. If your "friends" don't like it, they're not your friends.

Do you like holding this lady in your arms? Do you like looking into her eyes? Does her smile make you happy? Do you laugh together? Those are the things that matter.

Q1: Girls, would you go out and/or build a relationship with a fat man?

No sorry.

Q2: If no, why?

Because it's unhealthy to be so overweight, and personally I simply don't find that attractive.

Of course, growing old and getting a bit fatter together is par for the course in a life long romance. But I wouldn't honestly be attracted to an overweight person in the first place to start a relationship with them.