moms undies showing

srd2002

Hey.... recently it seems like my mom who is 45 is trying to act like she is 20, she's always wearing these tight jeans and short shirts, and more specifically her victoria's secret panties waistband is usually hanging out the back of her jeans. I don't know what she's trying to do or pull off...I don't know whether I should tell her her underwear is sticking out or not? Does anyone else ever have a situation like this?

She knows it's sticking out... that's the whole point. It's probably a thong, too.

no thank goodness, but my first instinct would be to yank anyone's panties that were visible above the waistband of their pants, shorts or skirts. I'm just funny that way.

A Fly onThe Wall

Do 20 year olds let their panties stick out ?.. Damn where have I been ?

OMG I feel you. My mother is 41 *I think* who knows anymore and she steals my clothes!! She looks like a freaking spice girl!!She thinks she's 18!! She wears hair extensions and her thongs show more than in a lingerie catalog.

I have tried to tell her shes not 18 and she doesn't have the body she used to but I just can't get through to her.

Is she a single mom or is she still married?

Originally posted by srd2002

Hey.... recently it seems like my mom who is 45 is trying to act like she is 20, she's always wearing these tight jeans and short shirts, and more specifically her victoria's secret panties waistband is usually hanging out the back of her jeans. I don't know what she's trying to do or pull off...I don't know whether I should tell her her underwear is sticking out or not? Does anyone else ever have a situation like this?

As long as she has the body for it, good for her. Age shouldn't be the determining factor for women wearing revealing clothes; weight should. I'd be more grossed out by a young fattie in tight clothes than an older fit woman any day.

I wish my mom showed her undies, LOL! she's super conservative about clothes - at times I think that living a couple of thousand of km away from her isn't such a bad thing, if you get my drift, :D!

Ick. Tell her it's embarassing and that the girls you know that do that get made fun of. People should act, look and dress their age.

I feel for ya.

• Author

No...it's not a thong I would probably vomit on the spot if it was.... and yeah she's married. She's pretty good looking for her age but I can only say so much

Did she recently lose weight? Because thats my moms problem. She used to be heavy and now shes super skinny and thinks shes in her prime and now wants to wear all the things she couldnt wear before. lol

• Author

lol....no she's always been pretty skinny, but it's weird how she just started dressing like this over the last year or two

I don't usually let my thong show, but on occassion I do if it's a very casual atmosphere and I have on low rise pants. I'm 39, but I look much younger and I'm forced to shop in the junior department because I'm only 5'2" 110 lbs.

I once bought a pleated jean skirt, but found when I put it on it looked like I was trying to be 18 again, so I draw the line on certain things, but if your mom is a young looking woman with a nice bod, don't be too hard on her.

It sucks to get old and most women don't want to face it. Dressing younger and looking good makes us feel like we still got it -- and a lot of us do :D

MWC_LifeBeginsAt40

If your mom feels sexy, and her hubby thinks this also, then be cool with it. You will think differently when you hit that age than you do now.

I for one don't think any underwear should be showing ESPECIALLY a thong, since it's riding up yer smelly butt crack! Who would wanna see that?!

Maybe your mom just needs to buy some skimpier panties so they won't show, unless it's a 40ish fad to let people know you bought your undies at VS.

Nothing wrong with tight jeans at that age, or short shirts. Why not suggest she get her navel pierced! LOL

I'll be 40 next month (gasp) and people say I look way younger, so why would I want to dress like a 40yr old whatever that means to "dress your age".

God to think when I was 20 they didn't have a very good selection of junior wear. It was all the same wherever you went, and I used to wear my mom's clothes! ewwww But now that I'm that age, and maybe your mom's thinking is this way as well, we missed out on all the cool stuff so we're in our second childhoods! lol

I know I look way better for my age at 40 than I did when I was 20!

• Author

Regardless if a 40 year old feels sexy or not it just doesn't seem right.... Teens get so much more pressure and negative talk if their underwear is showing. I don't see how it's any different , it grosses me out to see Victoria's Secret on the waistband. It's not right when I have friends over and she's sitting there and her panties are showing out of her jeans, but I'm not sure it's right to say anything about it

Yes, say something - she probably doesn't realize her underwear is showing.

Of course, she may not care either - when you get to her age (which I've passed) you realize it just isn't that big a deal.

Here's what you do:

Buy yourself a thong with the jeweled t-bar. Get it about three sizes to big, so you can hike it up just under your armpits. Wear that ensemble, with the thong OVER your shirt, and parade through the house in it. When you mom says something, tell her that panties showing is all the rage and you simply must join in.

Okay, kidding aside, it's not really your business what drawers your Mom's got on. Maybe she and dad are trying to spice things up a bit, or maybe she's just trying to get his attention again. Maybe she wasn't supposed to wash them in the machine and the darn things expanded to twice their original size.

If you don't think she's aware, similar to if the tag was sticking out of the back of her shirt, just tell her. "Hey mom, your skivies are peeking out." If it makes her happy, and that's your biggest problem with your parents, congratulations. You are a lucky person.

• 2 weeks later...
Coffeemaniac

Oh yes, it sounds like a bad case of Postcards From The Edge or maybe even midlife crisitus!

Anyway, I remember waking up one day and my business-as-usual mother had turned into funky-neon-flower-print lady with pseudo-jewel covered flip-flops and very scary eyeglasses. To my surprise, she had decided to opt for early retirement...

At any rate, in the beginning I wanted to avoid being seen in public with her, but after a while I missed her loud voice and obnoxious cackle and her very silly jokes... eventually I decided that she had put up with my hair-gel, way too much eye liner and massive shoulder pads all those crazy-eighties days. So I figured that I should just accept her multi-colored mood swings and be thankful for my wonderful mother...

My vote is: let her wear her panties on her head if she wants to... :)

Obviously you don't want your mom going around acting like a slut, so I would tell her. You are her son and it is your responsibility to do so. I would tell my mom right to her face if she started doing **** like that. Something like, "Hey, mom ... should I put a red light outside your door?"

- dc

Coffeemaniac
Originally posted by dcloud

Obviously you don't want your mom going around acting like a slut, so I would tell her. You are her son and it is your responsibility to do so. I would tell my mom right to her face if she started doing **** like that. Something like, "Hey, mom ... should I put a red light outside your door?"

- dc

Harsh anyone??? I don't think the op said she looked like a slut... Also, implying that she is acting like a prostitute will most likely hurt the relationship beyond necessity. JMHO.

clandestinidad

I'd talk to your dad/step-dad if I were you. Then you could get an idea whether or not she's doing it for him. You could say something as simple as "hey __, have you noticed mom's change in style?" and see what he says. If he rolls his eyes, and makes comments about it then you'll know that she is/isnt doing it b/c he likes it.

Maybe she likes the attention she gets from other men. Maybe all of the clothes she can find in her age bracket are ugly to her?? I have no clue.

So, if you dont like your mom looking/acting like that, maybe you could mention the fact that its totally out of style to let your undies show....it really is....google it

Maybe you could tell that she looks cheap, and that you know she's better than that

Maybe you could remind her how good she looks in a certain outfit that you remember

Also, I realize that you dont want people looking at or thinking things about your mom, but its not your life. Its hers. If she's made it to her 40's and done it well, then she has every right to do/look however she wants. She's lived her life for you and your siblings if you have any, she's earned her badges, and now its time for herself (and her husband).

pearlsasinger

more specifically her victoria's secret panties waistband is usually hanging out the back of her jeans.

I had a friend my age who had the same issue. Same deal with the Victoria Secret panties. She wasn't doing it on purpose. Finally someone said something and she said she bought the wrong style, the high brief cotton ones, and they just stuck out too high. My best friend and I agree that even the Victoria Secret cotton bikini panties come up too high in the back.

Originally posted by brashgal

Yes, say something - she probably doesn't realize her underwear is showing.

I agree with brashgal. She probably doesn't realize. Maybe she's also started wearing jeans that are lower rise.

I say leave your Mom alone.

It just doesn't seem like a deal (to me) that her panties are sticking out... if this is what makes her happy then good to go... it's not hurting anyone.

Sheesh My Gma gets busy with her BF on the Golf Course... LOL more power to her! :laugh: I dunno IMO once you've done what ya need to do in raising your Wee Peeps or your career... whatever then hell yeah, live and let live... it's not hurting anyone (even if it embarrasses you) keep in mind we all did things that I'm sure embarrassed our parents from time to time.

:)

A Fly onThe Wall
Originally posted by Merin

Sheesh My Gma gets busy with her BF on the Golf Course...

:lmao:

A new style of geriatric golf .. What's the par on that hole ?

Originally posted by A Fly onThe Wall

:lmao:

A new style of geriatric golf .. What's the par on that hole ?

:lmao: I dunno... kind of gives a new twist to the term "stroke" though for more than one reason! Doh!

• 5 weeks later...
and more specifically her victoria's secret panties waistband is usually hanging out the back of her jeans. I don't know what she's trying to do or pull off...I don't know whether I should tell her her underwear is sticking out or not? Does anyone else ever have a situation like this?

LMAO.... Hey!!! I'm kinda surprised more people haven't had a similar situation. I'm 19 and my moms around her early 40's, She was always really careful what she wore. Then a few months ago I was helping her clean up around the house and she bent over right infront of me(even though I'm female and she is my mom I felt inclined to peek) and her Hanes Her Way waistband was hanging out. It started happening more and more frequently, I think because she was wearing a looser boot cut jean. It was fine with me until one of my better friends came over and noticed her underwear reasonably showing. When we got up to my room she started singin' wait till we get our hanes on you. lol. So all in all I felt slightly embarrased but I thought it was funny, and wouldn't be embarrased if my mom wore Victoria's Secret, I think it's kinda cool! I wish my mom wore them!