she cheated on her now ex boyfriend to be with me problem,he's my best friend

my best friend and i have been friends for four years and were now in college. he stayed in state while i choose to go out of state. we've always had the same likes and dislikes of different girls since are freshman year in high school.

i dated a girl my sophomore year and we broke up after 6 months. my junior year he asked her out and they went together for 2 years. we remained friends during the whole time but i never liked it one bit. he never asked if i was ok with it , guess it did'nt matter at the time. well he cheated on her and started talking to this other girl and since me and him hung out all the time i was always around her, plus she was in my class. i told her he was a good guy and she should talk to him.

the whole school year went by and we became close friends but nothing ever happened between us because i always seen her as my best friend girl. during are first semester in college she called me and told me he dumped her because he needed space. but when he called me he said it was so he could fool around with other girls in college and not feel guilty.but he told her he doesnt want her to fool around with any guys while he gone. well anyway she and i began talking on the phone and started flirting back and forth. well during break i came down and we both told eachother how we felt and we wanted to be together but could'nt right now. the fact that she is my best friend ex and i'm out of state hurts.

we want to tell him but it's to early to tell if we can work this thing out. dr.truth i have no desire to hurt my best friend, no revenge what so ever. it's just i can't control my emotions and feeling for someone that i truly like. should me and my best friend ex try to make this relationship work? thank you WHAT TO

You should be honest with your friend and explain to him that you're interested in his ex-girlfriend. Personally, I don't see why people get so upset if a friend dates their ex if the relationship didn't end on bad terms.

• Author

i see it the same way, but i don't want him to look at it like we planned to do this behind his back. he keeps on bugging her and asking her to come up to see him in college.he's wants her but yet he's trying to hook up with his ex(my ex). if our relationship gets stronger while i'm up here in college and when we see eachother again , we will have no choice. should i wait?

• Author

thanks pocky, that's kind of hard to tell someone you've known for 4 years but i gotta do it sooner or later. it's not right to do it behind his back. i think he knows something because when he we were hanging out she'd call me and when she came over she was more into me then him.(while he was watching tv)

the signs are there just gotta tell him i guess.

If he's going to feel betrayed, it will be worse the longer you wait. He'll feel as though you had more time to do things behind his back.