How will I know when the time is right to get physical if we're both shy??

I have just started seeing this guy Mark starting about....oh mid-October let's say. Mark has been so amazing, he is entirely a gentleman opening doors and whatnot, saying please and thank you, covering the tab,etc. He is old-fashioned to the highest extent. Mark also has a shy quiet side to him, but that didn't stop him from asking me out as many times as he is.

It seems the most time between our dates at the most is two days.....so we've been going out alot. We've had our share of fancy places, but lately we enjoy relaxing and just stopping at a store or two to look-around. He's a pro-wrestler and the butcher where we work. (yes, we see each other every day at work too) He is also in the process of building a house.

Anyhow, this is my dilemma.....I'm falling for him (by the way I'm 19 and he's 25). This guy is so sweet it takes my breath away. When he drops me off at my house after our dates, we give each other a quick kiss on the lips and say our goodnights. It started out on the cheek, but we have since moved up to that. So the problem is....things just seem to be moving so slow to me. I'm figuring for as many times as we've been out, we could be a little bit farther than kissing to show how we feel for one another. I don't want this to turn into a "oh let's just be friends scenario", but am I just being too paraniod?

I've had a bunch of losers in the past who treated me like crap and all I really wanna do is keep this angel. People tell us we are great together and they are so happy for us....I keep having visions of us getting married and all that happy-go-lucky stuff. I just don't know what he's thinking and I'm afraid to ask all that deep stuff and make him all queasy.

It probably sounds all childish that I could question a guy's feelings for me who asks me out constantly, but how do we or I get things to move?? I'm so afraid to move past just a "quick kiss on the lips" but so is he!! We're both so shy and pathetic lol and yet we know this. I wanna show him how I really feel......to stop kidding around being all "first-dateish" and get serious. Everybody tells me I'll know when the moment arrives....but what if I don't?

I'm afraid if somebody doesn't let something true show here (after all these chances on dates he's been giving me!) he's just gonna think I'm not interested.......he knows I am.....I know he is.....what to do now??

1 - i don't think you should mention marriage or anything like that yet

2 - just keep the kiss for longer next time you say bye ... or kiss him once and ask "umm one more? :P" - just to give him some room to go ahead I guess... i feel for you - i also get frustrated with overly shy guys!

good luck,

-yes

Listen... Man. Plus Woman. Plus attraction... things WILL move on, he's shy he's not paralysed. If he really, really likes you he'll probably wait quite a while - not because he doesn't desire you but because he respects you and wants it to be right. Believe me, unless he's gay, he'll make a move.. eventually.

There is not rush, I know it's really frustrating, but short of letting him know that you are ready and willing, just enjoy the ride (not pun intended). It's a sweet time and if he's 'the one', a time you'll look back on- don't let it be coloured with unnecessary worry.

It's only been a few weeks, don't imply to him he's inadequate or lacking in some way because he's by your own admission, treating you like a lady and being charmingly 'old fashioned'. That's just as 'true' as sex too early. Let it be, take cold showers and see where he wants to lead this thing. There are many routes to the bedroom and you've been shown th way by past 'loosers' if this one's a keeper you'll have to be a little patient. We say that to men all the time, but it works both ways, believe me honey, when he's ready, shy or not, he'll let you know.

• Author

Thanks you guys, you helped me out alot. I'm just going to go along with the whole "be patient" scenario and see what comes of it. We keep dating and he keeps mentioning future dates we could go on, so somehow I must be doing something right. If being patient and respectful about his feelings, while he himself decides when he's ready to get a bit more serious, keeps him coming back... then I'm all for that!

Thanks again,

nicole8418