Haven't been around in forever, cest la vie.

I'm down to 230 pounds (probably into the 220s but I haven't weighed myself in 2 weeks or so). Seeing the current state of my body I've readjusted my goal to under 200 (previously was in the 200-220 range) as it seems I have plenty more than just another 10-20 pounds to lose.

I haven't been going to the gym as often as I should but through my work and my lifestyle I get a decent amount of generic exercise but my muscle has dropped off a little (doesn't show in the pictures). I don't think I'll be around LS much even though I'm popping in to say hi, but I figured I might as well update anybody who cared.

Before: this was over a year ago, I gained weight after this picture, probably another 20 pounds+ but I don't have any good pictures from november december when I was the heaviest I've ever been (or will be)

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/7198/before1i.jpg

During: This was in april I think? Maybe may. I was 265-270 in this picture if I remember correctly. My muscles were slightly bigger at this time, which is probably why you can see them at all.

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/8913/picture7m.jpg

Now: Taken all of 5 minutes ago, the change has been so gradual that I don't really notice until I try to do exercise that I never used to be able to do (handstands, chin ups, etc) and gawk at how easy they are now.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7001/picture17b.jpg

Sorry about the image size I was messing around with the settings on my webcam.

Conclusion: I'm looking pretty good, some areas in the picture I still look at and don't really like (still got a little pouch of fat under the jaw, not so much an extra chin just a little bit extra which irritates me) but they're better than they used to be so it's no big deal. I love my upper body, and this is before I get back onto some serious weight lifting, when I start doing that I'm going to have a real gun show on my hands (and arms, and chest).

And if it doesn't show up in the pictures yes my shorts are ginormous on me, they barely stay up anymore, I've had to go out and buy a new belt (I got tired of poking holes in my last one). Most of my pants are 40-42s, but even my 38s are getting pretty loose on me, impressive considering I'm wearing them at my natural waist and not the 'fat guy under the tummy' waist that I used to wear them at.

I wish I could get some good lowerbody pictures, I like the way my legs look now, but I tried and can't really get it to work satisfactorily with my webcam.

Well thats my update, I'd appreciate any feedback positive or negative, I imagine many of you don't remember me or never met me in the first place, to those people hello maybe I'll post my whole story later if there is any interest, to anybody who does remember me (I know hokie and tman are still around and I'm assuming they'd remember me) hiya.

Wow! Your overall progress is terrific. Delts look great. Hope you will post lower body soon. :)

Dude, congratulations! It looks like you're doing the right thing.

Keep at it. Remember that a final goal should not be the focus. Always look for ways to improve.

Rorsh, great to see you back on LS! I was wondering where you went off to...but congrats on the progress! I know what you mean that you can't really tell a difference because you're used to seeing yourself every day and can't notice such gradual change...but seeing you again after a few months, I can certainly say that you've made some incredible progress. Hopefully you're feeling great about all the work you've put in, keep it up!

Dude!

Nice work.

Haven't been around in forever, cest la vie.

I'm down to 230 pounds (probably into the 220s but I haven't weighed myself in 2 weeks or so). Seeing the current state of my body I've readjusted my goal to under 200 (previously was in the 200-220 range) as it seems I have plenty more than just another 10-20 pounds to lose.

haha! I did the EXACT same thing. When I was 230 I thought all I needed to do was hit 210.

Nope.

I'm 209, wearing 36 inch waist & while looking ok, I still have love handles.

It's annoying because my Arms are huge, my shoulders broad, my chest clearly developed & then it goes to flab about nipple height. :(

I'm thinking 190 maybe.

It keeps changing though.

I know in college I was 180 but I didn't have nearly as much muscle as I do now so who knows.

If I might offer some advice?

Incline bench work.

In the 6 to 8 rep range with heavier weights.

I know you have been resistant to it, but you really need to add some more lean muscle to get your matabolism revved.

I'm lifting super heavy, 1 body part a day. 3 exercises in the 6 to 8 rep range 4 sets then 30 mins. of cardio right after.

The heavy lifting really gives you that V-taper as your gut shrinks.

I still have a gut but my shoulders & chest create a tent affect with my shirts that makes me appear slimmer than I actually am.

• 1 month later...

Just came across this and impressed. Are you following any set program?

We use kilos instead of pounds as our unit of measure in OZ. But in general perspective I got onto that P90X program and it did wonders. Granted it's an absolute killer workout, so it's not for the faint hearted. But in 4 weeks I went from a size 38 waist to a size 33 and it's still falling off, but weight wise I'm slowing down as I'm putting muscle mass on instead of fat. Keep in mind I'm an avid MTB rider that does a lot of downhill riding so my legs had a bit of muscle anyway, so it's mostly been upper development, but this just took me to a whole new level of fitness (and diet change).

...reminds me I need to buy new pants again.

Keep up the good work.

• Author

Thanks for the kind words, no I'm not following any set programs, just a self-styled diet exercise regimen thats been working quite well for the past 9 months. All just comes down to self-control and dedication really. Good luck with your weight loss.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey! Go you!

I 'ate healthy' and 'worked out regularly' and still found that I didn't have the body of a bombshell. I started using one of those online calorie-counters and it's been working pretty great for me! (fingers crossed) So if you start to plateau at some point, you could always give one of those a try. I like myfitnesspal.