Losing pets after a breakup

It sucks. We had two cats, and sadly due to financial issues I can't take them with me where I'm going. Worst of all I get really, really attached to pets.

I will probably only have them for another couple weeks before the ex takes them, and it makes me incredibly sad. Right now one of my cats is sleeping on me. I hope to be able to take them back when I can pull some money together, but either way it sucks.

You're right, it does suck. I ran a small rescue home and had to rehome over 20 animals when my ex left, I hated it, absolutely hated it.

I hope you can find a way to keep them as soon as possible.

• Author
You're right, it does suck. I ran a small rescue home and had to rehome over 20 animals when my ex left, I hated it, absolutely hated it.

I hope you can find a way to keep them as soon as possible.

I told her under no circumstances can she give them away, or turn them into a shelter. I might actually lock her in a cage if she even thinks about it.

They're the most awesome cats I've ever seen. I've tons of pictures of them cuddling with each other, I've never seen two animals that were so close. They're also loyal like dogs, and very loving.

I can't keep thinking about losing them, it makes me really sad.