Baby on the Way with MM???!

I am probably jumping the gun here but I have felt very sick for about 3 days, but only when I eat something. My MM and I had an EA for a while, then it got to be a PA, then broke off, then back to best friends, that lasted a couple of months, but then we had sex again for his birthday. I was on the pill, but it was that in between week. Anyway, I am very worried that this "flu" feeling means last week wasn't a good idea (is it possible to "feel" pregnant just one week into it??? I have other children where I was not ever sick one day. I am just panicking, hopefully for no reason. Question is whether I tell him or not - also I am very moody/angry this week which is unlike me and started putting 2 & 2 together. Do I tell him I'm worried? My thought is NO WAY. He would not be happy about this. The other question is whether I EVER tell him if it turns out that my suspicions are right (which is looks like 3 more weeks of waiting on that end for a test to show anything). I know he'd never leave, it'd cause chaos in his world. I thought I was done having kids but I woudn't get rid of his child, I know that. I am so SCARED!

If you took the pill correctly, on time, without skipping any pill in the blister and you were not on medications that could interfere with the pill, chances that you got pregnant are extremely little

The pill is supposed to protect you from an anted pregnancy also in between weeks. Keep taking the pill regularly when you should, try not to panick, and take a pregnancy test as soon as you can.

Remember that now that you are so worried you will be looking for pregnancy signs anywhere- a lot of normal things that you usually do not notice will look like signs that you ae pregnant as long as you are feeling this scared.

I'd say do *not* tell him. Not now, unless you are positive he would be supportive and try to reassure you. If there is a possibility that he might panic, too, avoid telling him because it would mean more distress.

When was your last period? When I was taking the pill, that "in between" week was the week I got my period. I'm confused why you didn't have your period last week, and why you have to wait another three weeks to take a test? Don't you get your period every fourth week?

In any case, Adunaphel is correct. Taking the pill regularly means you are protected even during the in between week. Your odds of being pregnant are very, very tiny. If you were having your period last week and taking your pills regularly, you're panicking for no reason. You could be getting the flu or coming down with something.

There is no need to tell him unless you want to create drama right now for no real reason.

• Author

Thank you. I am a busy professional woman-----how could I get in so much panic. I was on my period last week but it usually only lasts 3 days or so, we did this on day 6 and I started new pack on day 7. I took every one since then but skipped this morning because I was really in a panic- what if I hurt the baby by keep taking them. Also, walked for 2 miles tonight and I am feeling much better- and thought that maybe this pack, which was a new prescription and looks a little different (even though says it's same medicine name) maybe it itself is stronger and making me naseous. Starting to feel better after not taking one today. Think there is no chance we'll do it again, and I'll tell him I stopped for this month and he won't ask anyway. Long discussions about why that was the last time,etc, etc.

And NO MORE DRAMA. I just want him, as much as I love him and tell him my day, etc. every day, to be out of my life. Coincidentally with this worry, we have a project that will be done in 3 weeks, so if I can get through that professionally, it will be easy to just stop talking. (from a practical, not emotional, standpoint). So, if I am protected, maybe all the drama will be over.

Thanks for the advice, very reassuring!!! I found FAQs on the net that said same thing, but somehow "live voices" (that may understand the "twist" of the situation) bring me comfort.

It's highly unlikely that you'd be feeling so many symptoms of pregnancy before you've even missed a period. Hopefully you're in the clear. I wouldn't worry.

• 4 weeks later...

Ms. Stoneyheart why don't you give into your conscious and stop this nonsense with a married man. YOur behavior is extremely immature and you would benefit by going to the Doctors office for a check and blood tests.

It's highly unlikely that you're pregnant.

Don't 'stop' taking your pills! And for goodness' sake, don't have sex if you're not taking your pills!

Sometimes hormonal fluctuations before and during a period can mimic many pregnancy symptoms; nausea, breast tenderness, fatigue, etc.

Try to keep yourself calm.

I am probably jumping the gun here but I have felt very sick for about 3 days, but only when I eat something. My MM and I had an EA for a while, then it got to be a PA, then broke off, then back to best friends, that lasted a couple of months, but then we had sex again for his birthday. I was on the pill, but it was that in between week. Anyway, I am very worried that this "flu" feeling means last week wasn't a good idea (is it possible to "feel" pregnant just one week into it??? I have other children where I was not ever sick one day. I am just panicking, hopefully for no reason. Question is whether I tell him or not - also I am very moody/angry this week which is unlike me and started putting 2 & 2 together. Do I tell him I'm worried? My thought is NO WAY. He would not be happy about this. The other question is whether I EVER tell him if it turns out that my suspicions are right (which is looks like 3 more weeks of waiting on that end for a test to show anything). I know he'd never leave, it'd cause chaos in his world. I thought I was done having kids but I woudn't get rid of his child, I know that. I am so SCARED!

I think you are just paranoic.Hopefully...

• Author

Okay- I have no idea how this thread got started again except that one person wanted to tell me how immature I was. This was last month, I am getting over MM and haven't been on here much b/c thankfully, this time, i'm not sad about it. Yes, I was being paranoid. And, yes, I did stop taking the pills and started the next day, so no more worry. And, not having any birth control option this month has made it very much easier to not engage in any physical contact at all with him (still have to talk, still somewhat more distant friends and want to talk). Anyway, this scare may have just been what it took to scare me into not acting this way and to move on (or grow up). And last week, I met a very interesting SG and have enjoyed having someone that when I call, HE SHOWS UP on a whim!! Wow, what a concept, dating a whole person instead of bread crumbs??!!!! So, I am not sure how this got brought up again, but I am glad I can post a positive update (and not a positive pg test).