didn't see this coming

Hello just posting an update on my situation. I did post elsewhere because up to now nothing really physical has happened and i've just seen it as harmless flirting though now my opinions have changed i don't believe there is such a thing.

And yes i've read the other posts from you ladies and gents but what happened i totally did not expect.

Anyway the other day doing a few errands he came up to me when he saw me wrapped his arms round me and gave me the most intense hug ever. He was hugging so close that i could feel his lips against my neck (not anyway the other day doing a few errands he came up to me when he saw me wrapped his arms round me and gave me the most intense hug ever. He was hugging so close that i could feel his lips against my neck (not an actual kiss though) this was the first time he had hugged me and it took me by surprise as i never expected it. And his hands were caressing my backan actual kiss though) this was the first time he had hugged me and it took me by surprise as i never expected it. And his hands were caressing my back

I know it sounds bad of my typing this and i can't remember who said it but you don't see these little things happening.

Nothing was said about the "hug" and we chatted a bit and off we went.

Haven't seen him since well apart from once but he was busy so chance to talk. Is this the start of what people have warned me about?

I've always just seen him as an acquaintance nothing more as we don't meet socially. So never expected this.

I don't know what you posted before, but if you're posting in OM/OW one of you is involved in a relationship and is flirting with possible intent to cheat.

Yes, this is exactly the kind of thing that happens when someone is considering starting an affair. This should be a warning sign for both of you to back off before something else "happens" that you "didn't see coming".

You should certainly see it coming now, if you didn't before.

• Author
I don't know what you posted before, but if you're posting in OM/OW one of you is involved in a relationship and is flirting with possible intent to cheat.

Yes, this is exactly the kind of thing that happens when someone is considering starting an affair. This should be a warning sign for both of you to back off before something else "happens" that you "didn't see coming".

You should certainly see it coming now, if you didn't before.

Thanks norajane for your reply there, and i think in hindsight that i should have seen it coming but you convince yourself that you are imagining things and that he is basically a friendly guy. Think in the past i have misread the signs and embarassed myself so you think you are misreading the signs again.

so thank you again.